deprived ducks

Em78

Reaction score
seeing as the welfare of animals has been topical on here.... ahem...went to a wetland centre today (basically £8 to walk round a few ponds and see some ducks :shock: !) and bought one of their bags of seed to feed them.

well to say there were less than impressed is an understatement, barely bothered to eat any unless it landed right by there beaks! then dh got out the little bag of bread we had brough with us (there were no signs saying not to but i dont think they like you doing it) and the ducks went barmy! they couldnt get enough and were almost fighting to get some :lol: poor things were so sick of bloody seed they were desperate for some good old bread! we kept hiding it whenever anyone cane past though :shhh:

mind you nicki and i fed the ones in the park near us M &S pancakes and Jamies biscuits so they are very spolit ducks :rotfl:

poor starved little duckies, it's like feeding us toast all day every day isn't it.

Glad you saved the day :hug:

Poor ducks but I'm sure the staff know what's best for them. Bread is the worst thing to feed them. It can swell inside them and cause them to choke. So many feed ducks bread and don't realise how dangerous it is for them.

Try meal worms. I went to Birdworld today, bought seed and mealworms to feel them and them LOVED the mealworms!

Londoner Claire said:
Poor ducks but I'm sure the staff know what's best for them. Bread is the worst thing to feed them. It can swell inside them and cause them to choke. So many feed ducks bread and don't realise how dangerous it is for them.

Try meal worms. I went to Birdworld today, bought seed and mealworms to feel them and them LOVED the mealworms!

i know my mum always says that about bread - but they love it sooo much :( its like me and cake i guess!!

and ewwwwwwww to the meal worms! :lol: think i will stick to seed thanks :D

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I'd rather not harm them, big animal lover me.

When we bought the mealworms, I said no way was I gonna touch them but you get used to it, they don't wriggle that much. Smell REAL bad though. :puke:

Taste nice with a bit of honey and some plum sauce though ;)

Minime said:
Taste nice with a bit of honey and some plum sauce though ;)

Oi that's mean. A lot of people I know eat duck and I'm no veggy but just can't bring myself to try it.

Quite oily, very rich and I prefer it not on the bone for the same reasons you wont try it. Chicken's nicer :)

Ive never eaten duck! I was vegan for 10 years and though ive been eating meat again for the past 6, theres just some things I cant stomach the thought of like duck, veal etc.

It is true about bread, put a piece in water and see how it fluffs up and expands? Thats what happens in thier throats poor little things, although its probably one of those things that wont happen every time, theres just a chance it will. Like dogs and potatoes and Em78 and cakes :rotfl:

i was going to say that about the bread...it can be very harmfull to them...

OMG i love crispy peeking duck ... mmm with hoisin sauce and pancake rolls, ... very nice

thats my favourite chinese food too!!

Shame about the ducks and the bread though, you would think they would make that more publically known!

Yeah but humans are selfish. There is a place near me with a HUGE sign telling people but they'll still feed them. Last time I was there a police officer rode through the park past the lake and my son told him. HE didn't even have a word with them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back