Dentists...masochists in the making...Small Rant.

Squiglet

Reaction score
Well, since becoming pregnant, when I brush my teeth, the grizzly scene that accompanies it is like a scene out of Texas Chain Saw massacre.

Now my Grandmother and mother all developed gingivitis during their pregnancies, so my mother is very adamant that I should see a dentist when I have been pregnant. And to stop my mother going on, and on, and on, and on...well you get the picture, :roll: I booked an appointment with the dentist to have my teeth "cleaned" for 4pm today.

My gums already look like they have gone ten rounds with a mini Mike Tyson, but I cannot understand what on earth possessed someone to come up with the idea that sticking a tiny vibrating hook like dealy into my already aggravated gums, might actually "decrease" the inflammation. :wall: But someone did.

To top it all, they keep telling you it doesn't hurt, when clearly it does... :shock: :shock: :shock: I would have thought my weak and gargled yelps and panic stricken eyes might have been a dead give away...if not that the endless amounts of blood now spewing from my open mouth... If at any other time of your life you were bleeding that much, from any other place on your body, people would expect you to be in pain, and have much sympathy, if not a ride to the local hospital, but dentists seem to be immune to this. :think:

Needless to say, I absolutely covered the dentist in blood... So she must have looked very inviting to the next poor innocent soul that had to fall into her evil clutches. :twisted:

The baby is significantly unimpressed with mummy's bp raising to dramatic proportions and the contractions of muscles throughout her body.... Not to mention the fact that as mummy was lowered down in the chair...baby got himself all squished up against her lungs... Mummy might have had trouble breathing, but baby was quite unhappy at having his personal space curtailed and has made this fact known to mummy, by kicking her hard in the bladder so she almost pee's herself on the way home... :shakehead:

It's been half an hour now and my gums are still bleeding and sore...I hope my midwives are far more gentle. :pray: :pray: :pray:

Rant over... you can go back to the real posts now...

awwww that sounds awful :hug:

I've got to go at the end of October :cry: , thought I'd take advantage of the freebies!!!

I had that the last time too. I was deaf by the time he had finished cos my ears had filled up with tears, i cried all the way through...not sobs you know, not actually that embarrasing...but fairly :(

I was pleased i ruined his shirt..and i'm not going this time. :shakehead:

On the plus side though my gums were lovely within a couple of days and they didn't bleed anymore. I'm sure you'll think it was worth it this time next week :hug:

Oh poor you squig! Im not going near the dentist.. floss and mouthwash every day and hope for the best thats my lot!! :lol:

My teeth played up really badly when I was pregnant and I even had to start root canal treatment which meant my dentist had to guess at how far to drill away cos he wasnt risking giving me an x-ray to check and when the tooth flared up again when I was 38 weeks pregnant he had to do more work and actually had to check in his book to see the maximum he could tilt the chair without putting too much pressure on the baby....I must admit I found it quite freaky for a dentist to be referring to a handbook!!!! :shock:

Since having Charlie I then went on to have 3 lots of root canal courtesy of the NHS!!!!! My private dentist wanted £280 per tooth for root canal or extract them for £60 each...I dont think so :evil:

mdsremos said:
....I must admit I found it quite freaky for a dentist to be referring to a handbook!!!! :shock:

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

*silently screams as a squiglet shaped blur exits the dentist surgery...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back