dealing with exhaustion?!

cherelle

Reaction score
The last week or so ive really started struggling with work, does anyone else have this problem so early on? Eevery morning i wake up feeling like ive done a massive work out on every area of my body the night before!!

I work about 45 hours as a front of house/trainer and then do extra hours on top of that in social work. I cant really afford to do any less work as we have an expensive mortgage to pay and also the amount of hours i do now will pay off when i get my maternity pay.

How do you cope when youre expected to be up and about 24/7? Its so frustrating :-( x

I posted thread like this not so long ago as i felt the same, there isnt much you can really do hun, just sleep when you can. I have noticed changing my eating times have helped, instead of just having three meals, eat less but more often. The only thing we can do is hang in there, it gets better in tri-2 x x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks mummy2adam, its nice just to know others feel the same. I get so frustrated trying to explain it to my OH and i think he just thinks i moan a lot :-s

I dont think its common knowledge how hard the first 12 weeks are for pregnant women ... its like if we dont have a big bump then it doesnt count lol! x

:hugs:
I agree with M2A not much we can do. And hoping it gets better in tri 2. I've been so tired even before I got my bfp. And not always sleeping great either. I had to quit my job two weeks ago so I have more time now. Although I'm looking for something else, I feel for you working 45 hours. Try and rest when you can and get your oh to run after you lol.

X x x x

Your OH will understand exactly how you feel once your LO is here but that doesnt really help now.
I hope you feel like you have got more energy soon hun.
Try eating things like malt loaf and quick energy releasing foods, its not a going to work all the time but it will work when you need it the most. Try and take an afternoon nap if possible to, i know this one is hard as its hard to find the time but it will help x x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks mummy2adam, its nice just to know others feel the same. I get so frustrated trying to explain it to my OH and i think he just thinks i moan a lot :-s

I dont think its common knowledge how hard the first 12 weeks are for pregnant women ... its like if we dont have a big bump then it doesnt count lol! x

I totally agree, my male friends and those who've never been pregnant have no idea lol. It does get annoying!

thanks hun, its nice to have this forum to vent some frustration anyway. I think ill go for a nap now before work! :) x

Hi cherelle I know exactly how you feel! I am 5 weeks tomorrow and am feeling completely knackered! I hope this gets better! You are so right, because I don't have a bump people are not very sympathetic when I say I'm tired they just look at me as if I've got two heads lol!!

My tiredness has only just started this weekend, but I've had to nap both days so far. Am dreading going to work tomorrow as I don't know how I'll stay awake!!!

Hi cherelle, I've just posted something similar as hadn't read this. Know exactly how you feel. I am having a day off today, totally knackered. I know friends who've taken weeks off in tri 1. But I don't want to tell work yet so just having the odd day when I really need it. It really helps, you should try it. A whole day on the sofa to yourself, dozing at watching films makes the week a lot easier :) also, I'm going to bed at 9.30 each night which has helped me get up each day. Let's hope tri 2 is not so exhausting. Xx

when you come in from work have a power snooze then go bed early that way you wont feel as tired also eating little snacks helps too it does get easier :)

i have been going to bed as early as i can and napping when i can find the time, because i do shift work i have no routine so maybe that tires me out too. I hope it does get better soon! My OH has actually been a lot more understanding the past few days but i think thats cos im walking round like a zombie with huge bags under my eyes being sick! Lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back