• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Day 21 progesterone level

MariaIsabella

Reaction score
Recently did a day 21 progesterone test ( around 7 dpo ) and got the results back today. It was 32.. I know 30 indicates ovulation but since 32 is just over 30 does it mean borderline? Could it mean I struggle holding on to a pregnancy without some help? Just want to know if anyone has any experience with this so I know before meeting up with doctor. I had a mc in April so trying to find out if my hormone levels are ok.

Thanks for your help! :) xx

I think it could mean you ovulated maybe a day or so different than when you thought. As long as it's up there I would be happy with that.

Mine has never been higher than 36, and that was on clomid. My clinic were happy with that level. Just a day out could also make your level measure lower than it was, so I wouldn't worry about it as it is showing ovulation.

Thanks ladies! Will wait for my other test results and speak more to the doctor once I have them all. xx

Anything over 30 is supposed to be high enough to sustain a pregnancy :) xx

Got my LH and FSH test back now.

LH= 4.2
FSH = 5.8

Seems to be ok except the ratio should be 1:1 as far as I understand. Anyone has experience with this?

I had my AMH tested before ivf 2015 and came back high/good.. think around 40 so hopefully that hasn't dropped.

If all normal not sure what to do next.. Perhaps ask for a scan? I know we haven't been trying for more than a couple of months but took us ages last time + ivf and I am 39! xx

The internet is a mixed bag of information with regards to day 21 progesterone levels! I had mine done and got the result today, and they were 23, so I was disappointed and said, "oh, so is that no good then because it's under 30" and she said "where have you read that" whilst rolling her eyes!

Apparently, you have definitely ovulated if your levels are above 2 - so I know I've ovulated, 23 is in fact very good!

After conception and implantation your progesterone levels will naturally rise - and this is when you need them to be higher than 30 in order to maintain pregnancy.

0.1 to 0.3 ng/mL for prepubescent girls
0.1 to 0.7 ng/mL in the follicular stage of the menstrual cycle
2 to 25 ng/mL in the luteal stage of the menstrual cycle
10 to 44 ng/mL during the first trimester of pregnancy
19.5 to 82.5 ng/mL during the second trimester of pregnancy
65 to 290 ng/mL during the third trimester of pregnancy

I'm hoping that this month is the one!!........AF due on 3rd September!

I think it depends what measurements are being used. My reference sheet showed levels for what was normal in follicular phase and luteal phase. It said needed to be 30+ in luteal phase to indicate ovulation. The measurement for mine were done in nmol or pmol, one of the two xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back