Day 1 of Maternity Leave...

Rowesb

Reaction score
.... I wish I could have a week or so without stressing...

a day was planned of not a lot... how that changed...

I text my community MW last night to say that I was still struggling with my pee, and what should I do as the last samples were clear, and also that last week at the routine 34 week checks I measured 30cm, only 1 cm more than at 29 weeks, the midwives didn't seem overly concerned but there was a niggle I guess...

... was expecting a text back to say stop being daft, but go to GP to check pee out again... instead I got 20 questions, but still didn't seem particularly concerned. I was then on the phone to my hospital MW at the same time that a text arrived from community, both at the same time said to go down to the hospital now... text comm MW back who was somewhat relieved that I was not hanging on a few days to see whether my bladder improved or not...

anyhow, went down, urine clear but another sample has been sent due to the pain.
Got measured, 30cms again, MW managed to get me in for a growth scan an hour and half later :shock:, at this point I freaked... DH ended up leaving work instead of just coming to see what was happening and MW was not happy for me to leave the department to wait... they managed to slot me in a bit quicker and everything is fine, still measure slightly above the 50th centile on most things, est weight is 5lb 8 :shock:, placenta appears to be doing its job with good blood flow and enough fluid... so who knows where I am hiding Pip... oh and is head down...

DH wasn't to impressed that his afternoon was spent sorting out the last random bits from boots, being dragged round babies r us and then ikea...

hoping that day 2 is slightly less stressful

At least you know everything is ok with bubs.

I am on day 6 of maternity leave and im soooooo bored! Wishing you a boring day tomorrow xxx

:hug: oh dear what a stress! Glad to hear the scan went well, you must have an amazingly snuggly baby who can curl up small :)

Midwifes really know how to scared the **** out of us!! Mine had me in a right flap cos baby's head isnt engaged, Ive calmed myself now, but I had visions of c-section and everything :faint:

My first day of mat leave too. Its lovely isnt it!

the daft thing is is that the MW came out with a phrase I use frequently... "don't panic until I look paniced, you will soon know if I am concerned"! this was as I was hyperventilating :doh: (and actually I would still use it...)

oh well my MW panicked!! She got another midwife to come in and have a feel then wanted to ring the hospital to see what she should do :wall: luckily the 2nd midwife was much calmer about it all otherwise I think she wouldve rushed me in! This type of behaviour doesnt bode well for my hypnobirth!!!

Well. Pee clear although White cells are up slightly so have to drink plenty (1 pint (of fluid, not the intoxicating stuff :() an hour!!!)so think will just manage what I can...

Think I am keeping microbiology labs in business!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back