Dark coloured rugs - am I stupid?

Lucy

Reaction score
Hi

Sorry for such an odd question.

We have a cream coloured rug in our living room but it sheds lots of wool so I'm getting rid of it. I've seen a lovely deep purple rug that looks great BUT i've never had a dark carpet or rug and I'm concerned that it will always look like it needs a hoover?

So, does anyone have a dark coloured rug/carpet and wish they didn't? Will I always be picking up white threads/bits from it? Or am I just be waaayyy too over concerned?!

Thanks

Lucy

I've got a navy rug in the living room and it drives me mad!!!! We do have an alsation though, so it may be just the doghair that bothers me. In fact, I hoovered it this morning, and I've just looked closely and it is only doghair that is on it, so you should be okay.

We have a blue rug as well and it is only the dog hairs that show up on it (we have a white ratty thing)

I had a deep burgundy carpet in my front room and it drove me bananas! It ALWAYS needed hoovering, showed up everything!

I now stick to laminate flooring or light coloured rugs/carpet. :)

I have a chocolate rug in my lounge and it looks fine :D xx

I have one in bright shades of prange and red and its a nightmare, always looks filthy and the hoover doesnt pick it up so you have to use a rubber dog brush to clean it.

Next time I will grt a thicker pile pale colour, I think the pile makes a big difference! the closer it is the more crap just sits on it, and baby vomit!

Brown carpets in livingrooms and I have a Dalmation. No promblem.

BUT I have a dark green carpet in hall :puke: and it's COVERED in white dog hairs even after vacced.

It sounds lovely Lucy....we have a dark blue carpet, and its a night mare! Especially when my hair was falling out by the handful!
Im sure it'll be fine as you dont have a cat or dog do you? Navy blue show up all Jazz's little ginger hairs!!!

We have a blue and grey carpet (stupid landlords bad taste) and it shows everything, it's gross. I'd sooner have laminate EVERYWHERE!! :lol:

Well i have a cream carpet, not my desicion :wall: :wall:

really only a bloke could pick that with a partner who has uncontrolable morning /afternnon/evening sickness, a bay due soon and a 7 year old!!!!

anyway i let him have it as knew it would only be a matter of time it looked grotty and it does :oops:

but am well on the way to getting wood laid now :D

My cream carpet is FAB! Its wool, and ive spilt red wine, coke, allsorts on it, it comes out easy peasy!

I'd sooner have laminate EVERYWHERE!!
i HAVE laminate everywhere! apart from the kitchen (terracotta tiles) and bathroom and hallway (vinyl flooring)

the dust gathers in fluffballs on hard floors though! lol

we have laminate upstairs and in the kitchen but I love carpet in the living room. we have a mocha coloured carpet and apart from banana stains it is great and it cleans up well. I have 4 cats and a dog and there is hardly any fur

Hi

Thanks everyone, I think I'll go ahead and get the rug.

We've got laminate flooring all downstairs but need the rug to break up the living room a bit and make it a bit more cosy.

Lucy

I have a brown rug in my living room and it needs to be hoovered at least 3 times a day...it shows up every little bit of dust etc...but then saying that my friend has a cream rug in her room and that also needs lots of hoovering so guess you can't win which ever colour you choose... :wall:

lauramumof2 said:
beanie said:
I have 4 cats and a dog and there is hardly any fur

You havent been waxing the pets again have you beanie :roll:

what, isn't that the norm here?

Before
IMGP1217.jpg

IMGP0097.jpg

After
ZSphynxLND1.jpg

So much easier then shaving - am hoping that budge will give me tips on shaving my pussies :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maegan
Back