Dangers of 'Super Chavs' Article

Lou said:
zebrastripes said:

"As for the single women and sperm donors...I don't think the report was refering to them ladies to be honest :think: Its talking about 'chavs' with no sense of responsiblity :think:"

Lou, I'm a bit suprised, I would have thought that with your intellect,and analysis, which I usually respect and quite a lot of the time agree with- I thought you would have realised that in this sort of article, a crack at one stratus of society is a crack at them all. Do you think certain people who read this ae going to diiferentiate between one single mum and another?

Well yes because its in keeping with what the article is about :think: He wouldn't just throw in some random comment about single mums if it bore no relevance on the articles subject matter :think:

Well thats how I read it anyway :D

Oh come onnnnn Lou, you aren't as ignorant of the media as all that. Other agenda? Sure,he says some lone parents do a good job? Is an example given? No. The only "example" of any time in this article is Vicky Pollard.

zebrastripes said:
Lou said:
zebrastripes said:

"As for the single women and sperm donors...I don't think the report was refering to them ladies to be honest :think: Its talking about 'chavs' with no sense of responsiblity :think:"

Lou, I'm a bit suprised, I would have thought that with your intellect,and analysis, which I usually respect and quite a lot of the time agree with- I thought you would have realised that in this sort of article, a crack at one stratus of society is a crack at them all. Do you think certain people who read this ae going to diiferentiate between one single mum and another?

Well yes because its in keeping with what the article is about :think: He wouldn't just throw in some random comment about single mums if it bore no relevance on the articles subject matter :think:

Oh come onnnnn Lou, you aren't as ignorant of the media as all that. Other agenda?

Hey I'm far from ignorant thank you! And no, why would there be a hidden agenda?

Listen I'm taking the article at face value, if you want to talk about hidden agenda's then leave me out of it. I can't accurately post my opinions on a hidden agenda.

Lou said:
zebrastripes said:
Lou said:
zebrastripes said:

Oh come onnnnn Lou, you aren't as ignorant of the media as all that. Other agenda?

Hey I'm far from ignorant thank you! And no, why would there be a hidden agenda?

Listen I'm taking the article at face value, if you want to talk about hidden agenda's then leave me out of it. I can't accurately post my opinions on a hidden agenda.

:doh: :doh: arggh i'm not saying you are ignorant. Read my last few posts.
and if you took each article in the Sun at face value,where would you be?
And ofc there is an agenda, newspapers like the Sun and the Mail etc delibrately forward a certain right wing perspective etc

ZS Its hard enough on a forum to have a discussion anyway without throwing hidden agenda's into the mix! :)

I know nothing about politics and right wing/left wing mallarky so I read the article on the first post, formed an opinion and posted it. Its that simple! Lets not complicate things further hey? :lol:

I personally don't think it is compeletly to do with if the parents live together, if they even have two etc... It is a mixture of factors- friends, parents, schooling, 'gang cultures' (which im sorry have been around for generations, if not thousands of years!!!), advertisement, media, etc. I don't think you can pin point the 'cause' of chavs to any one of these. I agree that there are cases where being a single parent would have had a factor. maybe it has meant that they kids have had less chances. the normal view of a single parent is that they tend to have less spare cash than two working parents and thus is less able to give their children more 'chances'. but then on the other hand you could end up with a generation of spoilt brats who rebel against their parents, take everything for granted, do not have the same amount of time 'given' to them as a child raised by a single parent and thus are 'less loved'. And before people bite my head off about how they where raised by working or single parents and that isn't the case, im not saying this is the case - im just showing a potential opposite view, im not saying that i agree with it!!

i think his view has its base in societies view of the normal/nuclear family changing. It is less 'normal' for it to be 2.4 nowadays and more widely accepted if it isn't. Single parents are more widely accepted, step families living together, even single sex families bringing up children. The nuclear family is becoming more and more rare, and because these are relatively new 'problems' its easiest to blame the biggest change - the change in what society sees as normal. Look back just 100 years to what was normal then!!

Wouldn't surprise me if it isn't long till they are blaming the economy on knife crime or vice versa :wall:

Anyway, am i the only person who gets an image of superman in burberry y fronts when i think of a super chav :rotfl:

25917.gif

:rotfl:

Glad someone replied, thought I'd gone and killed the thread :doh:

Lou said:

just took me that long to type the reply one handed!!!

Sam&Alice said:
Lou said:

just took me that long to type the reply one handed!!!

:lol: Well it was a good reply so was worth the effort :clap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back