Damning report on Maternity Service in UK

I know that i am very very lucky with my midwife care and PCT. With all 3 pregnancies (and the one loss) I received nothing but the best of care. I really feel for all the mums who are not receiving even the basic standards of care, but I feel the government is not supporting the midwives in the areas that have failed to achieve set standards.

Same here....

My hospital came out as one of the best and I feel so lucky for that...

Hopefully this report will go some way towards improving care for all :pray:

mine's come out as one of the worst... but so far (touch wood) my treatment by everyone i've seen has been absolutely exemplary. :think:

plus i'm hoping to give birth in the maternity unit which has only just opened so i guess won't be part of this survey anyway.

i actually feel rather sorry for all the staff there - they've been great with me and it must be so disheartening when stuff like this comes out.

My local hospital has today said they will/have hired 18 more midwifes..
I don't blame my hospital coming off bad when i was in labour i had to share my midwife with quite a few other girls :?

Excellent, looks like my local trust is OK.

I knew that where I used to live (Enfield, London) it was poor before even looking. The hospitals there are SO cack :shock:

Best of luck to everyone giving birth in hospital then! :shock:

oh dear i wish i hadnt looked!

worst Ten:

West Hertfordshire Hospitals NHS Trust (worst performing)

:cry:

i received awful aftercare from the midwives when i had jack, they didnt even show me how to change his nappy!!!!i knew how to do it but still would of liked to be shown reassured i was doin everything right, i couldnt wait to get out of the place, i only stayed one night!!!i received excellent care during labour though wich i am greatful for

my friend works up the hospital and told me to keep on at them to get what i wanted.

They were hard work. after i gave birth i kept fainting and bleeding everywhere and could not pee. They told me it was all in my mind and drained me as my bladder was ready to burst. It was not until lots of placenta came out 24hours after the birth did they take me seriously!

My hospital is terrible though. I think you just need to be strong with them.

i feel sorry for them as they simply do not have the staff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back