no faith in my hospital!

keepontrying

Reaction score
My local hospital have been under review for their maternity services, are ranked second bottom from lowest in the country , have a high rate of mother and baby deaths and are currently facing a law suit from at least 12 families who have proven medical negligence!

apparently this hospital has undergone vast changes recently and they have been splashed all over the national news - I am a high risk pregnancy and this is the only hospital around that takes high risk.

Whenever i am there i just dont see the level of care that i feel i should get. Communication is non existant, i was sent home twice with a kidney infection and no treatment, a midwife blatently lied on my notes saying that i confirmed no symptoms of infection when i did exactly the opposite. Midwives who sit on their phones with feet up on desk, its just appauling! One doctor admitted me for an MRI, the next day another discharged me because i didnt need one? then som one came to colect me from the ward and i had teh brain scan, when i got back the senior nurse asked where i had been and why - they dont know their arse from their elbow!!!

finally my grandad was admitted (he has no speech due to a past stroke) and today my mum checked his notes to find the were for a different patient! he could have undergone different treatment and not have been able to identify the problem or even himself.

im 33 weeks and thinking would it be daft to change hospitals and consultants with hardly any time left, this hospital is 10 miutes away the next is 40. They wont know my case... im literally in turmoil about it! i feel like the life of my baby and me is in the hands of complete numptys!

Im in the same situation as you hun although my hospital isnt that bad but I have no faith in the consultant I have been put under considering im also classed as High Risk due to Blood Pressure problems.

Do you have any faith in your own midwife if so have you asked her or him the possiblility in changing to a different hospital as you are unhappy

Im in the same situation as you hun although my hospital isnt that bad but I have no faith in the consultant I have been put under considering im also classed as High Risk due to Blood Pressure problems.

Do you have any faith in your own midwife if so have you asked her or him the possiblility in changing to a different hospital as you are unhappy

my community midwife is lovely - very informative and supportive - she was horrified that i was sent home and got me an emergency consultant appointment because the staff were not dealing with me as they should - trouble is she is the community midwife so does not work at the hospital! :wall2: I would love for her to be at my birth but sadly it doesnt seem possible... its pot luck as to whom is on shift when i go into labour!

I would say then see if you can change if possible. I think the last thing you need is the added stress and wondering if they are going to do there job proply. Its the last thing you need to be worried about.

If it was me i would change i think, it may be a bit of a hassle but if the hospital is that bad it will be worth it. x

I work in a hospital and understand your concerns, from what you have said if it were me I'd be out of there. You are well within your rights to change healthcare providers. Good luck xx

Speaking from past experience of having to go to a hospital I knew was sub standard because the one I wanted to go to closed down, I would tell you to change now I had a terrible time during labour and afterwards!!!

Sweetheart I would definitely change hospitals if it were me, sod the extra mileage and a decent team will probably reassess you and make their own notes anyway. At the end of the day you need to have faith in your care team when the time comes and you won't have that there. You and baby are too precious to risk being there in my opinion.

The bit about your grandad's notes is disgusting and totally against the law at least under the data protection act.

Even if you had not seen all of this yourself just having these doubts at the back of your mind would be bad enough. They sound awful and I wouldn't let them care for a pregnant ant xxxxxxxx

i would deffo change hospitals hun, the hospital i got to is not the best in the world and in the past has made some crappy mistakes, but i've heard some really good reviews about them lately and my mom and my sister in law have both given birth in said hospital and babies have been fine x

Which hospital is it? The hospital I had my little one in was like that and I ended up having a bad experience too but then other people I know have had great experiences I think it is the luck of the draw but if it is worrying you then opt to go to another hospital!!
xxx

Which hospital is it? The hospital I had my little one in was like that and I ended up having a bad experience too but then other people I know have had great experiences I think it is the luck of the draw but if it is worrying you then opt to go to another hospital!!
xxx

Its Queens hospital in essex.

That is were I had mine, I thought it sounded like it was! I found that all the staff were excellent but they werent a team.sm My advise would be to check out broomfields in chelmsford and basildon as an alternative!! I had a bad experience there which I think could have been prevented if they had made different decisions and I felt that I should have been given a caesarian but they are trying to reduce the number of caesarians done and I think that this puts women in danger!
xxxx

Awwh no, i thought the lack of care and attentitiveness (if thats a word) was bad enough in my hospital, but that sounds awful!

You should change. my hospital is 30 minz away so the 40min journey to a safer and more comfortable environment might be worth it.... 33 weeks means u have plenty of time to sort it and adjust.

xxxxxxxxxxxxx Hope everything goes ok!! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back