CTG and 2nd sweep today

wirenth

Reaction score
Well after Mondays growth scan where it showed that LO is only weighing 5lb 5oz approximately, my consultant gave me my 1st sweep and booked me for an induction on tuesday 7th.
I have had to continue being monitored twice a week and today was my 1st one after the sweep. Everything was good on the CTG even showing some mild contractions every 10 minutes, slightly uncomfortable but not painful, LO has turned round so that his spine is against my belly button, has moved further down and she could only feel a couple of cm of his head above my pelvis, so after the monitoring was finished the MW offered to repeat my sweep, which of course I agreed to as I would rather be set off by a sweep than go for the full induction.

Anyway my cervix is still soft, shortened by around 50%, and has started to come forward now and she said she could get her finger in quite easily so although its not dialated by much it has dialated to around half a cm and stretched out to around 1.5cm when she put her finger in to do the sweep.

According to the MW she reckons that the consultant is wanting me to start off as naturally and as soon as possible so they will probably offer me another sweep on saturday when I go for my final monitoring before I get admitted. She also said to prepare myself for the fact that although everyone is hoping I get my VBAC that if I haven't gone into labour by early next friday, after being induced and yet another sweep after that, then I will probably have to have another C-section.

Since I have been home from the CTG appointment I am still getting the mild contractions every 10 minutes with the odd stronger one thrown in the mix randomly, I have felt a small leak down below a couple of minutes ago but haven't dared check yet just in case I was mistaken, plus I am in and out the door all the time coz my older three kids have their school disco's tonight. All at different times with about 10 minutes in between one disco finishing and the next starting lol.

Keeping my fingers crossed that things might get started, will keep you all posted if anything does start xxx

Have got my fingers crossed that this is the start and you'll see your baby soon x

Good news about your cervix, sounds like sweep is definitely doing something. Fingers crossed for you that it keeps going the same way :)

Oh well, after being up until gone 1am in pain everything seems to have stopped again, just a constant tight feeling across the whole of my bump and lots of discharge since this morning, no sign of plug or waters etc xx

Oh no , I really thought that all those school disco dropoffs and walking about last night, might have really kicked things off, was it a bit of water leakage in the end?

not sure jj mum, think it was probably just more normal discharge, hoping things will start before the induction on tuesday, so keeping myself moving around, bouncing on the ball, my DH isn't getting much sleep either lol xx

Really hope things start of naturally for you hun and you dont have to be induced! :) XX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back