• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Crying during & after the bottle AND being sick a lot - HELP

Naterjack

Reaction score
i'm having another bad day with Josh today and i feel thoroughly drained

He slept through last night which was great, but today he's been mega hungry but cries before, during and after his bottle !
Ive not changed anything at all to affect him and it really does seem like pain but i don't know what :think: He does not have a temperature but is being sick a lot (i.e. after his milk, even after a small amount AND up to 3 hours afterwards which looks like its curdled milk). The HV and doctor both say all babies are sick and not to worry, but he's only started being sick in the past week or so .

He doesn't seem overly windy and it doesnt seem like colic (which he did have for the first few weeks of his life) as the cry is quite different. One cry earlier was so big he went blue and i had to turn him over and pat his back to get him breathing properly. As if he's held his breath !!

Any ideas ? Worrying me quite a bit now :(

reflux!!
have a look on google about it, it sounds unfortunately just what my LO has, even down to the holding his breath. Its hard to see knowing they're in pain but it is easily treated you just have to find what suits you.
You need to go back to the doctor and tell him the new symptoms i imagine they will first try him on Gaviscon, which worked wonders for us. there are other things you can do as well such as feeding him in an upright position, elevale his bed, hold him upright for 20-30 mins after a feed. i cant think of the rest now but of the top of the feeding section there is a reflux support thread. If thats what your LO has and im certainly no expert but it does sound like it is, than there is some really good advice in there.

I hope he gets better quick xx

It does sound like reflux hun, talk to your HV or GP for advice :hug: :hug:
Hope it gets better :hug:

sounds like ollie was. I went to the docs armed with information from here and got some gaviscon.. its brilliant stuff!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back