Creamy / yellow discharge and period type cramps

globetrotter

Reaction score
Hello ladies. This is my first post.

Reason I joined was just to get some advice really.. Today and yesterday I have had a little bit of creamy/yellow discharge when I wipe. It's like a thick/mucus consistency. It doesn't smell or anything.

Is this normal?

Just being overparanoid I expect but it's my first pregnancy and I have NO clue what's normal.

Also, the last 2 weeks I have had 'period-esque' cramps.. I actually didn't know I was pregnant at first and was convinced my period was coming as that is exactly what the pain was like.. is this normal? Every time I wipe I am convinced I am going to see blood..

The cramps are becoming less frequent now though. Which then makes me paranoid and makes me think maybe I lost the baby but my body has expelled it yet..

Have you guessed yet I am a huge worrier :)

Any advice welcome.

I am in my 5th week if dating from first date of LMP.

Thanks lovely people xx Any advice welcome xx

Hey, firstly welcome :D hope you decide to stick around... & secondly yes all completely normal... Between weeks 4&5 I had strong cramps felt like bad period pain that stopped during week 6. Had creamy / yellow discharge throughout too, nothing to worry about, if it does start to smell or get even thicker then it's worth getting checked out as may be an infection but if it doesn't smell then that's absolutely fine :) xx

Hey, firstly welcome :D hope you decide to stick around... & secondly yes all completely normal... Between weeks 4&5 I had strong cramps felt like bad period pain that stopped during week 6. Had creamy / yellow discharge throughout too, nothing to worry about, if it does start to smell or get even thicker then it's worth getting checked out as may be an infection but if it doesn't smell then that's absolutely fine :) xx

Thank you so much for getting back to me. I really appreciate it. It is so reassuring to hear that.

I feel a bit mad.. the cramps have lessened and I don't feel any morning sickness.. so am now paranoid I am losing the pregnancy. I know that sounds so silly. I didn't realise how much I wanted it until it happened, you know?

Such a worrier.

When did your morning sickness start?xxx

My morning sickness started around 6weeks but many people don't get any morning sickness or feel nauseous but aren't actually sick so please do not worry if you don't start to feel sick.. Glad to hear the cramps are easing off.. I've lost a few babies & both times I've bled before anything else.... As long as you have no bleeding & cramps at the same time chances are you are absolutely fine so try to enjoy the pregnancy & relax - it's a precious little miracle :) xx

Last edited:

Thank you so much for getting back to me. I really appreciate it. It is so reassuring to hear that.

I feel a bit mad.. the cramps have lessened and I don't feel any morning sickness.. so am now paranoid I am losing the pregnancy. I know that sounds so silly. I didn't realise how much I wanted it until it happened, you know?

Such a worrier.

I was only sick for the first time this morning so please don't worry!

My morning sickness started around 6weeks but many people don't get any morning sickness or feel nauseous but aren't actually sick so please do not worry if you don't start to feel sick.. Glad to hear the cramps are easing off.. I've lost a few babies & both times I've bled before anything else.... As long as you have no bleeding & cramps at the same time chances are you are absolutely fine so try to enjoy the pregnancy & relax - it's a precious little miracle :) xx

Thank you ever so much - means the world to have reassurance from people going through the same thing. I am 5 weeks + 2 days at the mo and so haven't told anyone apart from two close friends, neither of which have had babies so it's difficult to know what's normal and what's not :) how far are you now xx

Such a worrier.

I was only sick for the first time this morning so please don't worry!

Thank you for your reassurance :) How far along are you now? I am 5 weeks + 2 days xx

I have had this too! Think it's very normal.

Thank you :) :) I am now getting little twinges like the ovulation pain you get.. only now and then and nothing is super painful. The cramps were a little annoying but nothing horrendous. How far along are you xx

Hi huni. Congrats on BFP. :)

I found out I was pregnant at around 4 weeks and after that all I had was cramping and severe tiredness. Literally nothing else but did feel nauseous sometimes, as I'm now 13 weeks I have only had one morning worth of sickness and no other symptoms.
I was like you when I was goin through my first 12 weeks, nervous and paranoid that something was happening to baby hut reply it was just my nerves, just remember to chill and breath :) you will be absolutely fine :) xx

Hi huni. Congrats on BFP. :)

I found out I was pregnant at around 4 weeks and after that all I had was cramping and severe tiredness. Literally nothing else but did feel nauseous sometimes, as I'm now 13 weeks I have only had one morning worth of sickness and no other symptoms.
I was like you when I was goin through my first 12 weeks, nervous and paranoid that something was happening to baby hut reply it was just my nerves, just remember to chill and breath :) you will be absolutely fine :) xx

Helps sooo much to know I am not the only one that's a little neurotic :) I just want it so very much. Also doesn't help that I am medical in what I do so I know all the little bits that can (all be it rarely) go wrong and so I am just totally paranoid all the time. I really didn't think the cramps/period time twinges and pains were normal at all, it is such a reassurance to hear it is. Thanks so much.

I am super nervous but hope things work out :) and I wish you all the best for your baba too. You must have had your 12 weeks scan now?? xx

Hey lady - I just wanted to ask you something as you really helped before.

Yesterday my period type cramps I discussed seemed to stop, I haven't had any over night or today yet either. I am now super worried my hormones are dropping and things aren't going right. But you mentioned yours stopped too? I am still getting the same discharge now and then, not masses of it and it doesn't smell etc. I started getting a bit nauseous a couple of days ago but that seems to have worn off, how often do you feel sick?

Just so worried my hormones are going to drop. So silly I know xx

Hey lady - I just wanted to ask you something as you really helped before.

Yesterday my period type cramps I discussed seemed to stop, I haven't had any over night or today yet either. I am now super worried my hormones are dropping and things aren't going right. But you mentioned yours stopped too? I am still getting the same discharge now and then, not masses of it and it doesn't smell etc. I started getting a bit nauseous a couple of days ago but that seems to have worn off, how often do you feel sick?

Just so worried my hormones are going to drop. So silly I know xx

Hey :)

My cramps came & went was never the exact same cramps at exact same time of day... Sonetimes I wouldn't get them for a few days then they come back (if you are like me you will worry when they go & then worry again when they come back lol!!) but then one day it was like I havn't had any for days, they've stopped?? I realised that just before 6 weeks. That's around the same time my sickness kicked in (although other ladies have no sickness at all & either way all is fine).. Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back