Craving bad things!

Karate Kid

Reaction score
Hey Ladies....

Time for a bit of a moan so I apologise in advance..... Before pregnancy I used to focus my eating around eating 'clean' ie. avoiding processed foods in favour of fresh home cooked foods....

Throughout pregnancy I have struggled, the first six weeks was overloaded with carbs, mainly bread. Then it all balanced out and I managed to keep down veggies and protine too....

But alll I can think about today is Fish and Chips!! I have not had them in years! I think I am just worried about weight gain and doing harm to the baby....:wall2:

xx

Last edited:
I'm the same. When I'm not pregnant I eat really well and can do without junk food for ages. But when I'm preggo I just want to eat rubbish. I'm on a diet now, well not diet but I've cut out sweets n chocolate, I don't know if I'm craving it really badly or if it's just coz there is so much in my system I just feel like I need it? Thought if I can go a week without either and I still can't stop wanting it it must be the baby and therefore baby must have what it needs lol

I'm the same, always eat healthily & no junk...all of a sudden I want takeaways, choc, sweets, crisps which I usually despise lol. Pregnancy is a crazy thing! X

I am working on the basis that it's the baby telling me what he needs :)

There is only so much 'healthy' food he can take and so much 'junk' food he can take.

Riven tends to lean towards the healthy stuff which I am grateful for at the moment it is ham salad baps :) and it has to be a bap :)

But he/me has had moments where I have to have fish and chips, pizza, chinese etc and my brain won;t stop thinking about it until I have it...

I wouldn;t worry about it too much, any weight that you gain you can work off after babe is born :) for the moment make the most of what your body and baby are telling you

xxxx

You LO will get all the good stuff first anyway. A little junk food every once in a while wont harm you or the baby, he/she might be giving you the craving for the fat content so that he/she can chubb up a bit maybe as there is no extra fat on you.

You're a fit and healthy person anyway so you'll burn it off in no time I bet.
xx

I was told by my midwife that ur cravings won't lead u astray, so eat what u crave.

Luckily I've gone totally off chocolate and sweets but I love carbs now too.
At the minute, I'm not punishing myself about it. I'm just eating what I'm craving :) x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

I can totally sympathise with you. A good few years of eating healthy diet gone to pieces! I'm not worried for my weight, but more worried that I want Little Sausage to get their healthy vitamins. I also read that if you eat more healthy foods whilst your pregnant the baby will be more prepared for veggie flavoured puree (baby food) when it comes... but that may just be propaganda trying to make me eat healthy.

Thanks Ladies!!

I have gone of all sweet things too.... I used to have a thing about cake.... doesn't bother me anymore just savory stuff....

I had pizza at the weekend and I used to dislike it.... but on Saturday it was the most awesome thing I had tasted!!

I guess I'm just having a fat day, I would usually just hit the gym and get it out of my system.... not so easy when you are so exhausted that you are falling asleep at your desk!! x

Last edited:
I'm exactly the same, lost 6 stone for my wedding in May last year so was eating really healthily, since I have been pregnant I have been eating a lot more carbs than usual and now I'm sitting here watching some TV eating some orange matchmakers! xx

I'm the same too. Although I am eating stacks of healthy stuff but interspersed with stacks of unhealthy stuff...can't stop eating!! I'm trying to curb my chocolate craving with the odd hot choc but it isn't really working

I wouldn't worry, as long ad the bad stuff you crave, you eat in moderation, it's not going to do you harm. Obviously don't eat fish and chips everyday for the remaining months but you can treat yourself once in a while xx

I was told by my midwife that ur cravings won't lead u astray, so eat what u crave.

Luckily I've gone totally off chocolate and sweets but I love carbs now too.
At the minute,

I went of chocolate at around the same time as you all over xmas and new year but now cant get enough of it.

I think you should just eat what you want, hasnt done me any harm and no extra weight gain either as long as done in moderation.
We all worry about our weight too much me includedxx

The weird thing is it can't be between 2 slices of bread it has to be a bap lol and not a small one it has to be the big baps :lol::lol::lol::lol:
Saying the word baps is making me laugh hahahahaha, sorry think hubbies dirty mind is rubbing off on me!!!

Well I caved ladies and had fish and chips last night.... they were lush!! Hubby and I went for a nice long walk before hand and the fresh air cleared my head.

Also hubby was brilliant and I had a little cry.... he then told me how brilliantly he thought I was handling things and he was very proud. It sounds a little condesending but I have battled with eating disorders since the age of 12, came into recovery at 21 and have not looked back. I managed to realse how far I have come....

Thank you all for being so lovely and supportive x

:yay:Yay for fish and chips. I have had the same craving too, on and off.

Well done for being so strong and overcoming your eating disorder. It must be really difficult. Just remember to love your body and the amazing, amazing thing that it is doing right now. Don't worry about your figure because pregnancy is just transient, and any changes or scars left behind after it will be SO worth it. I have also had some issues with body image in the past, and was a size 8-10 pre-pregnancy, but I just eat what I want now without being silly and overindulging. My husband has been an absolute life changer for me since we got married three and a half years ago - he helped me realize that I don't need to deny myself anything that I want, just to have it occasionally, or in small amounts, and it's done my self esteem and happiness the world of good.

Keep looking after yourself and enjoy pregnancy, hun. I'm sure baby loved the fish and chips :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back