cramp in the night

annem

Reaction score
Hi as well as my spider problem in the night and siatica :( i am also getting bad cramp in my calfs/calves (can't spell!!) The pain stays with me in the day time to.

Has anyone else had this? What can i do

I read it can be caused by too much phosphorus (found in processed meat, snack foods, and soda) and too little calcium. But i eat well, i'm a vegie and have so much cheese and milk every day!

I've always wondered why preg people complain so much!! i feel like an old lady!

its making me cry!! if i straighten my leg it gets more painfull!!

i wonder why you got it with your first preg and not this one!! lucky you!

Bananas and milk should fix cramps in pregnancy apparently!

I get them too and i am very hot on my diet......I also get these nasty trapped nerve pains that extend from groin to ankle....they wake me up too :(
Oh the joys of pregnancy

i cant believe all we have to go through!! thanks for your advise everyone x x x x

i got them loads with charl.. untill i realised i was sleeping with one leg on the otehr blocking blood flow.. i think babanas do work.. and make sure that u do eat some salt.. coz crmap is build up of lactic acid..

i'll give that a try. My friend asked the midwives last night at the hospital just in time before my bed time, they said a hot cup of milk just before bed. Last night i was fine!! I'll def do all the advise given as its too painful to leave anything to chance! x x

Yep i had this the other night and I jumped out of bed so fast and was hopping around bedroom :lol: how annoying... like its not already hard enough to sleep!! :wall:

ohh i know the perfect cure for these..... quinine found in tonic water cures cramps, dr can prescribe a drug with this in, my mum has always been a sufferer of night cramps and takes it, but when she found out quine was also in tonic, she stopped the drugs and drank a G&T every night, so for us pregnant ladies if you like tonic water just drink some every day and it should reduce the cramps

Tonic fab!! thank you, if only i could have a g & t though!!

i get it in my calf muscles, it will spasm through the day too, sooo annoying.
bananas do the trick for me

cramp can be due to dehydration too, i had it before i was pregnant, probs about a yr ago now, went ot he docs and he asked how much i was drinking, apprently it wasnt enough so since then i've drank 2 litres a day and thats cured it, i soon get it again tho if i dont drink enough for a few days. bananas help too, something to do with the potassium levels in them

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back