Council strikes on Wednesday - Grr

chickadee1976

Reaction score
The kids return to school on Tuesday, and ive just heard there may be a council strike on Wednesady.
It really pisses me off that they can just shut schools like that.
Ive just had 7 weeks of paying extortionate childcare and farming him out to various relatives and now ill have to take Wednesday off because council staff arent happy with a pay rise they have been offered.
Poor them, i wont get paid at all for being off on Wednesaday and nobody cares if i get a pay rise or not, im all for standing up for your fellow man, but not when its at my expense at a time when i dont have a penny to spare.

Rant over

:talkhand: back to school on tuesday?! I have another 2 and half weeks left of a ten year old going on 15.... :evil:

Lol CAmeron is back from his grans tonight hes been away for a week, i miss him, he really needs to get back to school tho, he is becoming a brat.
:D in the nicest possible way

Hmm well... it's a choice between having the school closed to children or having the children in school with no support staff, no first aiders (teachers who are first aiders can't exactly leave their class to deal with sick kids and call parents etc), no cleaners, no janitors and no dinner ladies. Teachers will still have to work, though (it's a Unison strike), but without the support staff the school can't safely operate. These public sector workers get paid a pittance for what they do so I can't say I blame them.

Glad I'm still on maternity leave because the schools always get it in the neck :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back