• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Could this be teething or something else???

saffydreamer

Reaction score
Hello all,
Just wanted some advise from some mummys, i have already rung nhs direct just incase, but they didnt really reassure me,
right Ava is now almost 7 months and since waking this morning she didnt want her milk and porridge (so unlike her) so i checked her temprature and it was 38 so i bathed her gave her calpol and it went down to 36.9 she seemed her happy smilie self,fed her lunch and she had dioreah tmi sorry, shes drinking tons of water dribbling tons chewing everything, but once the calpol had run out it shot back up to 38 again, gave her calpol again and rang nhs direct who said its normal shes teething, as long as she dont have any other symptoms ie rash lethargic sp? now shes gone to bed and is very restless waking up every 20 mins temp isnt high at the moment but i am getting very compulsive at checking!
does this sound like teething?
i doubt ill sleep tonight so any advice sooo apreciated,
Nhs direct said to contact doctor if temp gets to 40
thakies in advance xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I would say she is teething... but if your not happy i would go to see your hv or doctor in the morning just to reasure yourself :) :hug: :hug: :hug:

Ava defo sounds the same as when Summer started teething! We took her to the sopiyal <-----what the hell is that supposed to say lol!
We took her to the hospital at one point because we thought she was ill but it was teething!

Its probably teething, Maddison is similar at mo. She is off her food a bit, dribbling and chewing on anything she can get her hands on and waking up every couple of hours in the night...wish the teeth would hurry up and break through :hug:

hope she is feeling better, you did thew right thing to give her calpol but contrary to popular belief teething does not cause fever.
Temp over 38 in a 6 month old needs checking out - if she has a temp again this morning please take her to see a real doctor (ie your gp not NHS dire!) so they can check it is nothing that needs treating.

.... and please give her calpol before you go as the dr will not need to 'prove' she had a temp as long as you tell them what it was, when, how you measured it and when you gave calpol.

thanks for all ur replies, worried me sick yesterday, was up last night every 30 mins checking her :wall:
her temp went down to 37 last night and this morning its 36.5 so thats good, i took her to the drop in clinic as she still had upset tummy the g.p said looked her over and said shes fine :) feel more reassured!!!
thankgoodness, worried me sick!!
hurry up toothypegs!!

just logged on to see how she was - thanks for letting us know the good news :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back