• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Could labour be soon?

LaurenMM

Reaction score
I hate asking this because I know it could mean several things and I hate getting my hopes up lol. Been having some horrible period-like cramps along with backache, frequent bowel movements, increased dc and more BH over the past few weeks. Today though, I've felt LO move ONCE and thats it. Shes normally very active. Also feel so sick today and really really sluggish and tired :( I'm gonna call fetal assessment this afternoon if nothing improves. Just feel silly once again, I was in on Sunday night cuz I thought my waters had broken and was admitted last Monday night due to bleeding :( Also had loads of BH today, I dont usually get them a lot. There's no pattern and theyre not painful as such just definitely more frequent. Me and OH dtd about 9.30pm last night and I woke up twice and both times I had very strong BH. Could this be a sign things are close?! xx

Oh blimey I would deffo call your MW and check it. It could be the early stages. Maybe u should bounce on a burning ball and see if that wakes up
Baby? Good luck

Could well be the beginning of labour, although I have to admit (sorry!) that this phase lasted for several days with my first baby, so doesn't necessarily mean that you'll be in full blown labour any minute now. Have you tried some paracetamol and a warm bath? If you're worried about your baby's movements, I would have that checked out anyway, irrespective of what else is going on, and I don't think there's any need to feel silly about it at all. After all, making sure your baby is ok is what you are meant to do as a mother...

Try and have something sugary and a cold icey drink to see if it wakes LO up, if not id call the hospital after all thats what they are they for. Keep us posted hunny x c

ooh could be close x xif LO still not moving much give them a ring hun x x

I agree with all of the above.. Let us know how u get on xx

Yeah I've just eaten some chocolate orange, had some pepsi and some ice cold orange juice and still nothing :S I'll give it another hour or so and I'll call the hospital if nothing happens. xx

I would give them a ring hun if lo has been quiet always best to b safe xxx

well it does sounds like things are changing, so yes, I would have my notes and my hospital bag nearby if I were you ;) good luck!!

and yes, I think you should call the hospital to get things checked out xx

yep to all the above yes it could be early labor :) BUT call hospital now and speak to them dont leave it like Jayceesmumma said xxx

I agree with the other ladies call them its what they are there for! x

I've heard that baby movements can slow down as labour approaches!!

Let us know how you get on!!

:hug:

Finally got through to them, the woman just said to have another drink and eat something and lie down on my left side for an hour and count her movements. I told her I'd already drank something etc she said that I should lie still and see if that helps.

Hope LO moves to reassure u soon hunny.....if not call again and ask if u could go into be monitored!

...........If it develops into labour- good luck!! xx

Thanks guys, luckily she has moved and shes responding to me tapping and prodding her lol. Hopefully shes just gearing herself up too lol I've had a listen with my doppler and her hb sounds normal to me x

Good news!! Come on little missy, mummy wants to meet u! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back