Could he start crawling!!!

maldives

Reaction score
My LO is past 4 months. and a month ago he rolled over once only!!! from front to back and now he doesn't fancy it any more.
today when he was on his tummy on the mat. he got a bit frustrated after 5 minutes and started to try and move forward by lifting his feets back up high and pushing with his hands (as if he's swimming like a dolphin) could he start crawling from that?

With babies who knows :lol:

He might slowly work things out from there but then again he may not try that or anything else like it for months. Some babies are more keen to get going than others. I'd just wait and see. If he cracks rolling it may give him more incentive to try other things. But don't push him, let him work it out for himself. Rolling often progresses to supporting weight on arms and trying to put together a crawl of some sort. Its a natural progression. As to when babies do these things can vary. Some skip some stages, others go through them all.

Our LO has been commando crawling short distances and round in circles for a while now. He just wants to be moving and has been busy working out how to since he was about 3 months old. He's still putting the moves together to actually take his weight and crawl on all fours. He knows what he has to do, just does not have the upper body strength atm to quite manage it. He also rolls from back to front and back again and so on and has done for a while.

Faith can move about but not exactly crawl, she just wriggles... but hey, i don't see why not!

Thanx Sherlock and Suzie.
I think my LO is not soo keen in trying things out! he did it coz he was frustrated and wanted to change his position. I won't push him to do stuff, but was wondering if he could crawl this early LOL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back