• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Coughs

daftscotslass

Reaction score
Becky had a cold last week - think it was a combination of being low from teething and starting nursery. For the last 4 days or so she's had a cough and last night woke herself up coughing and wouldn't really settle again after. It doesn't seem to bother her too much (in actual fact she coughs and laughs because she thinks the noise that and sneezing make are just hilarious) but it's noticably crackly/chesty. She's also had a few coughing fits when eating because she's gone to cough with a mouth full of food and accidentally inhaled a mouthful.

Do I take her to the doc or will they just fob me off with "we don't give antibiotics for that"? I'm just a bit paranoid as OH neglected a chesty cough back in March and ended up with pneumonia. Think I'll see how tonight goes and maybe phone NHS 24 in the morning :think:

Evie has been the same. I took her to the doctors after 2 days because I worried about it being on her chest. She was given an inhaler to help open her airways. Her lungs were clear and it did get better after using the inhaler.

It cleared up within about 5 days. She's got it again though at the minute so the inhaler is back out again. The doctor just told me to use it as and when she had a cough...and especially at night.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back