Cots/cotbeds

scones

Reaction score
Would anyone say that a drop side is better than a fixed side? What are the must haves and must nots when buying a cot/cotbed? Is a cotbed better than a cot. Its been 8 yrs since I had a baby and when I had him we were given one from my brother ( his kids). Its just that there are so many sales about now and it might be a good time for me to get it.

We have a cot bed and in theory they can be used till your LO is 5 but from experience I find the bedding really expensive so its a false economy. I would just have a moses basket, then ordinary drop side cot and then a single bed.

:D

We got a cot bed but it hasn't been used much as we co-slept till Lola was over a year old.

The sides have been taken off now but we still co-sleep most the night. I would still recomend a cotbed over a cot though just because they last longer.

My sister has a cot but said it's getting too small for her 16 month old as he wriggles a lot in his sleep so she going to be getting a cotbed in the sales :)

we have a cot and up until now have always kept the drop side down as it's easier for putting her in and out. She's 8 months now and went in her cot at about 4 weeks.
We decided that if we had a cotbed DD would still be in it when the other baby came along so baby 2 would need a cot or cot bed and they would both need single beds later. Getting a cot means DD can move into a bed and when we have baby 2 they can have the cot so ultimately we buy less beds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back