Cotdeath / stillbirth

babyem

Reaction score
Sorry, very morbid subject.

Basically, my mum had a still birth and m/c before I was born, and my SIL lost her son to cot death.

For those who have experienced this within their family, what extra support were you offered? My mum is so worried bless her. x

:hugs: my nana lost an 8 month old boy to cotdeath and my mum had a serious ectopic mc and lost her tube in between me and my brother and when i was pregnant my mw just didnt seem bothered when i told her, and my doctor felt and said the same, that it wasnt necessarily hereditary but i then mc myself at 14 weeks last year.

i am due to go back to the doctors soon and this is a subject i will be pushing in my pursuit to concieve as i have had no support or real info about this and if it affects me x

i will let you know if i find anything out hun i am due to go back end of the month

Last edited:
My mom had a stillbirth at 7 months and my auntie (moms sister ) a stillbirth at term :( :shock:

My gynecologist took not of that and they assured me that I will have an ultrasound to check placenta and baby's growth at every appointment. (I don't have a mw only a gynecologist) so I will probably get 10000000 scans lol. I had 4 scans until now, one more at 16 weeks, one at 18-19, and then every 3 weeks I think with one every week at the lasts month of pregnancy. :shock: that's a he'll lot of scan lol. Not that I complain...

My MIL had a cot death at 3 and a half months. I spoke to one of the mw's in the delivery unit, - we had done lots of research on the recommendations for lowering SIDS risk, like bf, dummys etc, (I delivered in a different area) she said some places will offer infant resus classes If there is history, or even monitors (DH and I are both first aiders and we had bought a movement moniter anyway).

Xxx

do you use the movement monitor now while she still in the room with you? or will you just use it when she goes into her own room? xx

I know that my SIL was given a sleep apnoea monitor, and given the classes, yet whenever I've mentioned or asked about it, no joy :(

Because they were uncertain as to what caused the death of my sister, whether it was a virus or something else, my mum really wants me to be checked out etc etc. I think it will also be closure for her, as she blames herself for her death x

we use the movement monitor while she's in our room, hoping to keep her in with us till 6months, as thats whats recommend to help regulate breathing.

some places the moniters and classes are limited, but the angel care moniter def gives me peace of mind.

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back