Cot bedding.. how much??? please help!

tinkerbell*

Reaction score
hey girlies,
i am getting myself in a huge cufuffle about cot bedding....
how many sheets do i need?
do i need flat sheets?
blankets?
Coverlet?
Bumpers?

how much (minimum) of everything do i need.
its all so expensive!

can anyone help before i start pulling my hair out, hehe

Thank you

tinkerbell* said:
hey girlies,
i am getting myself in a huge cufuffle about cot bedding....
how many sheets do i need?
do i need flat sheets?
blankets?
Coverlet?
Bumpers?

how much (minimum) of everything do i need.
its all so expensive!

can anyone help before i start pulling my hair out, hehe

Thank you

I'd get about 6 fitted sheets and 6 flat sheets then some cellular blankets.

They don't recommend using any other bedding like bumpers while the baby is so little. :)

I'd only recommend getting so many because of the washing! :lol:

hi hun i found it much cheaper to just buy single sheets for the bottom and just tuck them under, i have got a cot bed and i found that cot bedding sheets came untucked all the time

I'd not bother with bumpers when small tbh. Generally advised not to use them then.

We skipped blankets etc and opted for sleeping bags :)

Are you going to use a cot straight away or a moses basket?

Our lo was in a moses basket to start with and was often sick so we went through lots of sheets. But we did use pillow cases in emergencies as sheets.

I would get 4/5 sheets for the moses basket and for the cot probably the same so that you've got contingency in the event baby is sick. We used fitted sheets in the cot and moses basket.

Didn't use flat sheets but our baby was born in the summer and often had to sleep in his nappy as it was roasting back in 06 when we had him.

Once he moved to his cot at nearly 6 months, he was big enough to wear the sleeping bags which takes the hassle out of figuring out how many blankets you should use. Also safer than blankets so long as you make sure you follow the guidelines and only use them once baby is 10lbs +.

Would recommend cellular blankets, just get a couple. We used them for daytime naps.

Bumpers look pretty but are a waste of money if your lo is going to be in a moses basket first. Once baby can sit up you're advised to take them off the cot for safety reasons.

For the moses basket we have 3 sheets and 2 celular blankets. We are doind lots of washing so it's easy enough to throw a sheet in the wash. We have a muslin or 2 over the sheet, where her head is, so when she throws up we change the muslin rather than the sheet - much easier at 3 am!

We had three sheets for the moses basket. Babies create so much washing anyway that you end up putting in loads of washes so you should always have a spare one. For the cot we only have two but I try and make sure I only change it when I am putting on a white wash and that way there is always one clean.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back