• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Cost of IVF Drugs

JJ Mum

Reaction score
Hi ladies, just wanted to ask any ladies that have gone throught IVF or are in the stages of starting, what they did and are going to do for IVF drugs.

I have been quoted from 700 to £1600 for IVF drugs per fresh cycle using the normal provider they use who would arrange delivery with me, but they have said that I can have a private/external prescription if I wanted to obtain them cheeper myself?

Price wise, has anyone done it? does it make a big difference?. I think I might be scared to get the wrong things, I did see an articale online that said one supermarket even did them now at cost price?

Anyone having or had this quandry themselves?

Any particular company details / names may be best via PM , don't want to breach any forum rules here. :oooo:

Any thoughts ladies?:lol:

cant help you with this hun, have no idea about ivf or the drugs needed, but i didnt want to read a run x x x

Thanks Emma - it's a tricky one, so not expecting many replys ,as it's a bit specific , but worth an ask

ooh I seen Asda do IVF drugs. Unsure on pricing though. :) x

ETA http://your.asda.com/our-stores/how-your-asda-pharmacy-can-help-you
No prices, it does say they do them. x

Thanks lots Charliebear - thats a great help, I ued your page to look up the nearest one with a pharmacy , there are a few not too far away, and one halfway on route to the fertility clinic too. I may have to ask for a list of the drugs I will need , or wait till day 1 of new cycle to find out if they are awkward, as thats when it comes out with a drugs schedule apparently, and head down there for a price comparison.

Thanks again lots X

(wow can't believe your 11 weeks already - whens your scan?)

Last edited:

Thanks lots Charliebear - thats a great help, I ued your page to look up the nearest one with a pharmacy , there are a few not too far away, and one halfway on route to the fertility clinic too. I may have to ask for a list of the drugs I will need , or wait till day 1 of new cycle to find out if they are awkward, as thats when it comes out with a drugs schedule apparently, and head down there for a price comparison.

Thanks again lots X

No problem, lots of luck.

I had it today :) Went in 12+1 and came out 11+6 lol.
I get to celebrate 12 wks all over again :) x

Thanks again lots X

No problem, lots of luck.

I had it today :) Went in 12+1 and came out 11+6 lol.
I get to celebrate 12 wks all over again :) x

Yayyy for a healthy happy scan today Charliebear!! phew , brilliant you made it , and yes celebrate your 12 weeks again, revel in it!!:dance: Heading off to tri 1 now to search for a piccy from you X

Last edited:
I've no idea on pricing either. My local private hospital has a quote on their website - IVF costs from £9,000 but that isn't the total as there's additional costs but I can't remember what they are. :eh: Think it bumped the total up to £11,000. :shock:

I wish I could point you in the right direction but I've no idea hun, sorry. :(

x x

Thanks Miss July, don't worry, I have the ivf prices, were paying some of the pre tests already, but just wanted to see if I could cut them down on drugs a little

I will let you know how I get on incase others need it!

Sorry to jump on this thread - wasn't sure where else to post to you JJ Mum but I've just read the May edition of a baby magazine (not sure if I'm allowed to name which one) but there is an article in it about a woman who was sterilised and then decided she wanted another child - they advised her to go for IVF, she did, and they were successful first time round - its a really lovely positive story - hope it gives you some hope. In order to reduce the costs of the IVF she donated eggs and it reduced the cost for her to £1,000 per cycle rather than the £3,000-5,000 she'd been quoted. :hugs:

Ah thanks for posting that Frankie, brilliant, I think I will have a snoop in the baby mags in the shops to see if I can find it, sounds realy encouraging, and would be nice to hear it from someone in the same position as me too.

I can't egg donate tho , i'm too old! I am 38 and will turn 39 during treatment I think - hence my rushing on this one! It's good tho for others as if it's something that works for you, then I think it really help give people more options.

Thanks again Frankie for your help

Last edited:
jus wanted to send my support :hugs: :hugs: dont know anything about prices etc have you done all the google searching etc? any info there for you??

Have you tried the price of drugs in the USA? its amazing what you can buy. Used to get horse drugs for way cheaper than here. So maybe able to get human drugs. Just a thought.

Thanks Rosa , and Drummers Wife, yes have done quite a bit of searching , will keep going, got more info today on it from clinic visit , sounds like private prescription drugs etc asda etc , will be in smaller quantitys , and so instead of maybee getting 4 days from a injection vial, you may have to do more fidley mixing of solution with the powdered drug, but I guess you would get the hang of it after a few , if it will save me money - worth a look.p

Clinic are going to send me a external prescription as well as arrange for their usual drug company to call me when cycle starts, so little project for me....

Just a little update for you all, my IVF drugs arrived today!! yayyyy.

I did not use the supplier via the clinc, I rang round all over the place, and then purchased from another supplier via a private prescription from my clinic. It has saved me £339.00 !!!! Whoop Whooop
I actually feel great that I did my own thing in the end, and if I need another cycle etc I am ready.
Also looking up what bits I will need, looking at online drugs videos (made my my clinic actually), I have much more knowledge, and for me the more I know, the less fear I have.

I have checked them over to make sure correct and I'm ready to start my down regulation next thursday 7th !! - I'm sooooo excited....

Well done JJ Mum, that's a brilliant saving! I was lazy, I just went with the clinic for everything.

Last edited:
Great saving!! Not long now. Excited for you xx

Well done JJ Mum, that's a brilliant saving! I was lazy, I just went with the clinic for everything.

Little Angel - oooh always gets me excited to see someone where ivf is a sucess....... thanks

ZMD - can't quite believe im here now ready to go.....:dance:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back