Cord Blood Banking

Aida

Reaction score
Sorry for asking such a heavy question this morning... :think:

OH and I are trying to know a bit more about the option of cord blood banking as we've been researching on the internet but are still haven't made our decision yet - we are still quite :? .

Are any of you considering this option? In my country it's optional and quite expensive since it is a service provided only by profit making cord blood banks and not subsidised by the government in any way. I read that it may help infants against a lot of serious illnesses - although some claims are as yet unsubstantiated.

The thing is I'm asking if it's worth it as I would easily opt for it if it weren't that expensive, if anything, just to be on the safe side, but if it were just a gimmick I would just rule it out. I hope none of our children will need it of course, but now that I know about it, I would feel bad to just ignore it without at least knowing more about it.

SORRY it took me such a long message to make my point !! Hope to hearing from you !! Thanks

xxx

If i remember im gonna ask my midwife today as its something we thought about too :think:

sorry i was meaning i want to know more about donating for other people to use.

Yeh I think I've heard its expensive to do too!

I'm hoping to donate my cord blood though if my area does it :D

I donated my cord blood when I had my son and I plan to this time too, I feel if everyone donated it then if my baby needs it in the future there will be enough to help him/her anyway.

Well ive just been informed that i donated the blood from my DD's cord!! My OH tell's me they asked me if i'd like to, i apparently agreed.. and then they took it! :lol: he can remember it as clear as day.. i think i was too busy gazing at my lovely baby.. i'll do it again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back