Contraction timing

PinkPunch

Reaction score
Ok I really don't have a clue about timing them at all, infact I had to ask hubby and at least he sort of knows "they probably start off coming every 15mins and when they are about 5mins apart you need to go to hospital" - is that right? Do they really start off as slow as that?

I'm not sure how they start off but they become regular and increasingly painful-call the hospital wen they're 5 mins apart and lasting at least a minute xx

Was just Reading about the 5-1-1 guide...contractions should b 5 mins apart,lasting 1 minute for 1 hour ormore xx

wss^^ however if it gets too painful you're allowed to go in as well lol! x

although when i was in labour i kept ringing up and they kept saying that i shouldnt go in until i had contractions 2-3 minutes apart lasting for a minute and a half!!! which i thought was irritating!! x

I think they probably start off a little irregular then get themselves into a pattern. Last week mine started and lasted for a minute and then the next one would start 4 mins later. When they are every 5 mins then your supposed to contact the hospital.x

My midwife told me they start off sometimes being every 20 mins or so, and dot get regular fr ages for some people. You should callthe hosp when they are 5 mins apart lasting almost a minute, but you don't have to go in (if you can bare the pain) until they are every 2 mins lasting over a minute. I'm gonna try and stay at home when mine are 2 or 3 mins apart because I can't be arsed to labour in hospital. X

Ok I really don't have a clue about timing them at all, infact I had to ask hubby and at least he sort of knows "they probably start off coming every 15mins and when they are about 5mins apart you need to go to hospital" - is that right? Do they really start off as slow as that?

I was told by midwife to call the hospital when they are 10 mins apart?!

Mine started straight away at every 5-6mins lasting 30-45secs. I didn't think I was in labour cos they wasn't close so waited at home. OH and mum finally dragged me to the hospital cos they were very painful but still not getting closer and after 45mins at hospital, charley arrived!!

this is what annoys me sometimes, the MW said in our antenatal class that every pregnancy, labour, birth is totally different so how can they tell you to come in when you are 5mins apart or 2mins apart when as that's not necessarily an indication of how dilated you are? My cousin went in at 2cm and they said they would check her in 4hours, after two and a bit she asked them to check again but they wouldn't because her contractions weren't close enough together but she could feel the babies head! 7mins later out pops baby :lol:

My midwife told me they start off sometimes being every 20 mins or so, and dot get regular fr ages for some people. You should callthe hosp when they are 5 mins apart lasting almost a minute, but you don't have to go in (if you can bare the pain) until they are every 2 mins lasting over a minute. I'm gonna try and stay at home when mine are 2 or 3 mins apart because I can't be arsed to labour in hospital. X

I always liked the thought of labouring at home like having a bath, using the ball, walking etc but this time i have to say I want to go in as soon as possible! Maybe thats because I'm expecting a fast birth this time or something

Mine were never regular. LO was half out and had to wait 5 minutes or more before next contraction. Be warned. xXx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back