Constipation

Tiny Sue

Reaction score
It seems to me that I have posted on this topic before but I was just wondering.

Since Naomi has stopped taking bottles during the day (one in the morning and one at night) the only thing I can get her to drink is baby juice. The Growing up milk seems full of sugar and she doesn't really like it, she's not gone on milk and she won't take water. Juice isn't the best for her teeth, so I try to limit the juice in the hope that she will drink something else.

The upshot of it all is that she's been constipated now for at least a fortnight. She's going, but it's hard for her and sometimes she wakes with tummy cramps.

Any ideas? She gets loads of fruit in her diet too, I just know I'm missing something!

Sue

Hello there!

My daughter Erin is 15 months past March.
She is bothered quite a lot by finding it hard to do a number 2!
I went to the doctors with her & they prescribed her lactulose & also Senna.
Her last poo before we went to to doc's was very hard & trace of blood in it!
Her bum got really sore & she was scared to do another poo!
The lactulose is good, it softens the poo & the senna is supposed to make it easier to come out!
However, i haven't noticed a huge change in size/soreness for Erin.
I was thinking about putting her dose up to 10ml, rather than 5ml, however she may begin pooping everywhere!
I am going to do some reseach on this, and see what I can do!
I'm doing everything by the book - enough roughage in her diet!
But just doesn't seem to help!
I was very constipated as a child & still am sometimes till this day!
I missed my Xmas lunch last year as I was on the toilet for an hour!!!!
Hope this has helped!
You're not alone!
x

try giving her some prunes. I know you said she gets loads of fruit, but nothing works as well as prunes I've found.
If I'm ever constipated myself, I eat about 3 or 4 dried prunes, and it works absolute wonders!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back