• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Constantly Tired?!

nats

Reaction score
A question for all you ladies in the second trimester, are you still feeling constantly tired? I was told by most and read in almost all books that a couple of weeks into the second trimester i should reach a blooming stage where the sickness and constant fatigue wears off and i should feel a burst of energy instead! I have been quite lucky to never really have suffered any nausea or sickness but been tired all the time has failed to fade. I get my usual 7hrs sleep a night which i believe is sufficient but struggle to stay awake during the working day, sometimes leaving me feeling drained and lacking energy. I wouldn't say my job is particularly stressful or hard going, i think its my body still working overtime.

Was just wondering if anyone felt the same and is it true what they say, you eventually reach a blooming stage?

Natalie xxxxxxx

I was completely knackered for the first 4 or 5 months of my pregnancy!!

Like you I was reading books telling me how great the second trimester is and wondering when all this energy was going to materialise! Try and get as much rest as you can; it will get better!

For me, the third trimester has been much better!!

I felt totally knackered right up to my third trimester to be honest. Apparently I looked blooming in terms of skin and eyes etc but I still had no energy whatsoever and had to nap when I got home from work. I guess it's different for everyone. It did get beter though and even now (due tomorrow!) I actually have to avoid napping in the day or I don't sleep at night unlike the first 6 - 7 months when I could have slept all afternoon and all night and often did at the weekends!

+++

OOh Rosebay - not long to go now!!!!!

Good luck and let us all know what you have and when - I am so excited for you!!

Xxx

Hey!

I found that i had to extend my sleeping hours greatly. I always try to go to bed at 10pm and am up at 6am most mornings which is an hour or two more than i used to get.

As i'm a teacher i find that on a monday i need to sleep for a couple hours as soon as i get home as it all seems to be a bit of a shock to the system after the weekend off.

It's personal but i definitely don't think 7hrs is enough - get it while you can - once our little ones are here i doubt very much we'll be getting more than 3 solid hours!

Good luck and sleep dreams xx

Hi Nats,

I agree with Juzza completely, I am sleeping on average probs about 9 hours a night just now, sometimes more.

Also, I felt reall really tired until about 18 weeks, I even strated being sick etc after the 12 weeks!! :?

I felt awful week 13-17 then it all seemed to subside and for about the last week and a half I've felt a bit more like my old self. So hang in there, it will get better.

Good luck

Lx

Thanks for the advice, i think you are right in saying i need more than 7hrs sleep a night, gonna make an effort to go to bed couple of hours earlier, maybe then i will notice a difference.

Just wanted to wish Rosebay well, her due date is today, thinking of you hun, keep us all posted with your news.

Thanks again.
Natalie xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back