Constant battle!

BabyBrain

Reaction score
No matter how hungry Bertie is he insists on playing with the teat for ages before accepting the bottle! He rolls it around with his tongue and chomps his gums on it, it's no wonder my nipples bled when I tried to bf, it's exactly what he did to them too.

The dummy has helped a little with him opening his mouth wide enough but his bloomin tongue still gets in the way

Any tips on getting him to stop messing about? I've tried teasing his lips but all he does is get angry and farts on my leg :roll: xxxxxxxxx

Have you tried different bottles hun as it could be the teat i found my son was the same i went through them all and he liked the standard neck bottles with the small teats x as he had a tiny mouth x also have. You tried going up a flow size x

31 weeks pregnant. Team yellow!

Tried a faster flow and he couldn't swallow quick enough so we both got covered. I'll try a different bottle system with a smaller teat, he's on the TT anti-colic plus with the nipple style teats, thanks hun xxxxxxxxx

Hope you find out why he fussing hun x i was always worrying about my little boy when he was little as he never drank much x

31 weeks pregnant. Team yellow!

Stanley didn't like TT but is perfectly fine with dr browns? X

Aj seems to curl his tongue to the roof of his mouth so when I put in the bottle he starts to suck and ends up with it all falling back out of his mouth I spend my whole time telling him he can't have it unless he puts his tongue down.

We have TT and also a couple of avent. The avent are def better for smaller mouths - we get in a bit of a mess with the TT ones!

this sounds like what max is doing!! i just posted a thread about it in baby n toddler. he gets upset and crys when hes doing it though i dunno what to try ? you had any luck or ideas ?

Ella can't manage TT , Avent, Dr Browns... We've spent a fortune on bottles! Then we were suggested by labour ward NUK bottles... We then bought the wrong NUK bottles. We have finally bought standard neck NUK which are the same teats as the ones that the ward gave me for my expressed milk! Bonus is they are much cheaper than most of the other bottles! Problem is- we had to buy online- as no shops seemed to sell them!

this sounds like what max is doing!! i just posted a thread about it in baby n toddler. he gets upset and crys when hes doing it though i dunno what to try ? you had any luck or ideas ?

The only idea I have had is to take away his pocket money for the first 5 years lol

He seemed a little better at feeding over night, although I'm sure he thinks the milk comes out of his fingers cos they often join the teat in his gob to begin with lol. I'm not teasing him now, I'm waiting for the "hoo hoo hoo" he does before screaming his head off and getting the bottle in quick :roll:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back