• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Connie is ABNORMAL - UPDATE bottom p1

debecca

Reaction score
Well!

I just got an apology from my HV for the fact this is the first time she's managed to visit me at home and luckily she came in WINDY TIMES and realised that Connie is quite seriously unhappy due to the amount of wind in her gut. Happens for an hour or two at a time, usually about an hour after a feed.

Anyway she says she needs to urgently move to SMA LF as she has a lactose intolerance which will probably pass but she's in serious pain right now and the shrieky cries are probably what's causing my PND-like symptoms.

Would have been nice if she'd come and seen this before Connie turned 2 months really (!)

At least I now feel there's an explanation for how she is - and also that I might be able to have another baby because she said this is very rare. Thank God for that.

Aww bless. My older sister has a Not-so-good HV. Her son is lactose intolerant so put him on something called WoySoy? Anyway, he was taken to hospital sick with blood in his wee and it turns out he shouldn't be on that milk til he's 6 months. He's 7 weeks!!! He's now on SMA LF. Her second out of 3 sons with lactose intolerance.
At least now they know what is wrong and are treating it. Tyler, her eldest, grew out of it. He's 4 now.

im lactose intorrelent still am to some degree its much easier treated now from when i was born i had some soya milk and it made me soo fat lol
hope connie is better soon xx

Aww poor Connie i cant believe its taken this long for your HV to come and see you but at least you can treat it now.

I hope things improve really soon and you and Connie feel loads better.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Bless the pair of you. Hopefully now things will get better xxxxx

SMA LF was brilliant for Tia :) Her HVs were pretty useless to.. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: I got berated for not sterilising Tia's bottles and it was my fault she was admitted to A&E with vomiting ... couldn't have been the meningitis, could it? :roll:

Hopefully things will get better now for you and Connie :hug: :hug: :hug:

:hug: :hug:

Glad you got to the bottom of it! HV's in my opinion are shite. Although I know some people have good ones, they seem few and far between.

I still think this might have been part of the problem with Phoebe - as I am lactose intolerant too. No one would listen mind you! The milk she is on now has much less lactose in, so who knows. :roll:

Strange that the colief didn't work then? Hope the new milk works for you pretty quickly and you are feeling a bit better. I know what its like to have an unhappy baby for hours on end! I also was on the edge of having PND, but thankfully it got better quite quickly after Phoebe was more settled.

If you want to chat at all let me know, Isla is allergic to milk.

Did they not do prick tests lactose intolerance is normally diagnosed by prick test on the arm?

Hope the new milk helps. :cheer:

Thanks girls you're great :hug:

Kelly - I didn't know Isla was allergic to milk :shock: what did you feed her then?

Lara - we seem to be leading pretty much parallel existences with our experiences so far. The HV says it's probably temporary lactose intolerance but that there's no way she or we should be putting up with the constant (I typed 'constance' then ha ha) high-pitched screaming all day until she's 4 months or whatever.

ANYWAY today she is like a changed child. She hasn't cried once yet and has actually managed to sleep DURING THE DAY! Woohoo! She is round at Grandma's this afternoon and Grandma couldn't believe the change in her either - she's only ever been screaming when round there.

Fingers crossed this lasts and isn't just a temporary blip :pray:

debecca said:
The HV says it's probably temporary lactose intolerance but that there's no way she or we should be putting up with the constant (I typed 'constance' then ha ha) high-pitched screaming all day until she's 4 months or whatever.

Tell me about it... I hope its a lasting change. I'd say both of our lives changed dramatically when we swapped Phoebs milk - and I personally still feel that that was what improved things. Could be the infacol but I'm not so sure, as she still isn't great on normal aptamil.

Problem is they all seem to think that you are just being a whinging first time mum rather than actually listening :wall: :wall:

I really hope you start enjoying things now - I always say to people its not that I didn't enjoy Phoebe, I just didn't enjoy the experience of her crying and being in pain. I love spending time with her now :D even though she has her moments! Guess what the new problem is now?! Teething, yes thats correct :evil:

She had pepti-junior, if you google it you should find it. She's also allergic to soya and has a gut disorder!! :wall:

http://www.westons.com/acatalog/pep91a.jpg

In actual fact we now give her cows milk as milk allergies normally die down with age, and the dietitic clinic have put her on a exposure diet where you gradually expose her to the allergens then remove them then repeat. So far so good.

Good luck, they normally grow out of it.... Morgan has a gut problem until 3 months so i sympathise completely with the screaming.... :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwqdaa
Back