confused

Laura_James&Amber

Reaction score
Hey girls, how are you all? I had my first antenatal clinic at the hospital today. Firstly i had to wait 2 and a half hours before i was seen and i got there half an hour before my appointment to make sure i was on time. Then when i finally did get seen, they told me i'd only been referred to them because they were worried my body wouldn't cope with pregnancy as I have a small build, I am 5ft tall and weigh just under 8 stone and have always been perfectly healthy but they said they are more than happy with the way my pregnancy is progressing and there is no reason why i won't be able to give birth naturally. Baby is fine, no concerns there. They then said they are putting me on calcium tablets because it prevents high blood pressure and they said i don't need to go back because i only need to see my MW, who i have an appointment with next wednesday but they have told me to cancel and re-arrange for a months time. I was in there for 10 minutes and im just really confused as to why i had to go (i thought it was routine) and could my MW not have dealt with any issues they had? sorry if im being stupid but im just really confused! :? and annoyed that i had to sit there for 2 and a half hours to only be seen for 10 minutes. has anyone else had a similar experience?
Sorry this is really long and thankyou to anyone who replies

How annoying for you :hug:

I haven't had a similar situation really but when i went for my 12 week scan, I was called in for the scan after about 20 minutes and then told I would be seen by the hospital midwife after that. We went back out to the waiting room and was called to the midwife 2 hours later for no real reason at all. I think was more annoyed because I'd taken the day off work. Next scan I'm going in work time, then I won't care about being kept waiting.

Aww hun, sorry you had to sit there for so long for what seemed like a pointless appt :hug:

I guess it's good to know that they are keeping check on you and bubs! Although, it must have been annoying.

I have no advice for you just wanted to say hello! x

I'd keep the MW appointment you already have and go and ask her about your scan and appointment and tablets and anything else you are concerned about, she is your caregiver whilst your pregnant so go to her for support and advice :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waqas432
Back