• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Computer spec help needed!

Urchin

Reaction score
Hello 8)

My insurance company have offered me a replacement price or a like-for-like laptop for the one Brody ruined.

This is the one I have now:

clicky

This is the one they have offered:

clicky

My current one is about 3 years old, and is no longer available, but the price on that website is £1,957 + VAT, the replacement one is listed on that site as almost half that.

Am I missing something? or is the offered one OK? Incidently, I'm not going to take the offered one, I'm going to get the money for it and go out and choose my own, so am just interested in its like-for-like comparision :)

Can anyone help? I'm a bit rubbish at things like this.

Spec wise the laptop they are offering is faster and better than your old one. It has more memory, larger harddrive. The screen is comparable, same size and resolution. It has a better DVD writer (as it will write dual layer, rather than just single layer disks which your old one could write to).

The reason for the difference in costs is that technology in general has got cheaper over the last 3 years - but laptops especially so. I saw one in Tesco's the other with a printer and usb keyring reduced to £249.99!!!

Hiya
Thanks, I have accepted the offer for £1220 from the insurers and am going out to Comet now to spend it :D

Urchin said:
Hiya
Thanks, I have accepted the offer for £1220 from the insurers and am going out to Comet now to spend it :D

Enjoy :D

The spec will be just as good if not better on the latter one (I havnt looked at the links in a rush hehe) however 3 years back there was a MASSIVE difference in computer prices, my computer im sitting on now cost £1500 new about 3 - 4 years back, but now a computer with this spec would be worth peanuts (though it is good) computers are just so much cheaper these days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwqdaa
Back