coming off the pill????

LauraM

Reaction score
ok so ive been off the pill for about 5 weeks.....i had a period when i first came off it, and now ive been bleeding (brownish, light :oops: ) for about 8 days??im so confused..surely this isnt my period??if anyone else experienced this when they came off the pill please tell me because i have no idea whats going on!!!and its stopping us from ttc!!!
thanks so much xxxx

Hi Laura :wave:

it can take a while for your body to return to normal after coming off the pill. It took 6 wks for mine to return after coming off the pill, then i had a bleed for 7 days. eventually my cycle settled down.

good luck ttc :hug:

Hi,

I had this too - AF didn't arrive for about 5 weeks and I felt rotten.

When AF did arrive it was in full force :( Back to normal now but still not regualras I only stopped taking the pill in feb.

thanks for the advice ladies..im glad 2 know im not totally abnormal!!!i spose i just wished to be one of those women who comes off it and gets a BFP straight away :( xxxx

LauraM said:
ok so ive been off the pill for about 5 weeks.....i had a period when i first came off it, and now ive been bleeding (brownish, light :oops: ) for about 8 days??im so confused..surely this isnt my period??if anyone else experienced this when they came off the pill please tell me because i have no idea whats going on!!!and its stopping us from ttc!!!
thanks so much xxxx

this happened to me when i first came off the pill too, but i got a BFP after 4 months and my OH touching a fertility statue :rotfl: so it might not take you too long :hug: xxx

hi when i cam off the pill i af came after 5 weeks and lasted for about 8 days but most of these were brown discharge, i conceived the month after tho so good luck. xxxxxx

kimheath said:
hi when i cam off the pill i af came after 5 weeks and lasted for about 8 days but most of these were brown discharge, i conceived the month after tho so good luck. xxxxxx

aww that gives me a little bit of hope then!!xxx

Im just having my first period after comming off the pill, it was 5 weeks and one day in comming. Pretty normal in colour and amount but only in 2nd day, hope it doesnt last ages - OH looking forward to more BD.
:lol:

I'm not gonna be much help now... The first time I had it was apparently due to my body adjusting after coming off the pill. The second time (8 months after I came off the pill) was because I was pregnant, so good luck and I hope you get the results you want :D

I came off the pill in July 06 and became pregnant in the following April (no sign of any periods!) My egg must have fertilised at just at the right time :dance: As you can see my LO is now nearlly 5 months and still no period, i guess it takes my body a long time to get back to normal!

All i can say is really do not worry too much, thought there was something wrong with me (was up and down the hospital and had another appointment booked and everything!!!!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back