college tomorrow - update

Kimbo

Reaction score
why am i so excited about going back???

i feel like a kid on xmas eve :cheer:

i could understand me being excited if it was my first day there, but im only going back after the holidays lol

LOL i am excited about going back to uni and iv only been on holiday too! are we sad :lol:

NOPE!!!!

lillou said:
LOL i am excited about going back to uni and iv only been on holiday too! are we sad :lol:

NOPE!!!!

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

i was just wondering hunni
does you having the baby affect you going back to college?

like cos if i had of been in the two year course, i would have to had left after the first year and redo it all again.

What are you studying Kimbo? Are you really enjoying it?

TODAYS THE BIG DAY :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

well robyn & alice, when i left school at 16 i went to college to do health an social care, but i didnt enjoy it so left and went to work

then the following year i wanted to go back and try again :roll: but i hated it even more so left again and went to work :rotfl:

then in september i thought its my last chance to go to college for free and have no fee's ect, so i went to a different college to study something completely differnt, which is travel and tourism.

and since ive been there ive loved every minute of it :cheer:

i finished in may cos id completed all my coursework, and then after id left was when i found out i was pregnant.

i went to pick my a-level results up on 17th august and spoke to my tutor then and told her i was pregnant but want to finish my course

(she was really pleased for me :dance: )

so we have up until july to finish all out courework, but i finished before everyone else last year, so that's why i got to leave in may..

babys due at the end of january, so i want to take 6 weeks off, then go back and just do travel and tourism and nothing else.
i'll probably be in about 2 hours a day then, my mum can have the baby (shes already said she will!) and then i have up until july to finish everything.

my tutor also said i can have work in front to do over xmas etc

so hopefully i can do as well as i did last year :cheer:

Good for you, that sounds lovely to find something you enjoy studying that much and excel at. What kind of job could it lead you into?

HappyAlice said:
Good for you, that sounds lovely to find something you enjoy studying that much and excel at. What kind of job could it lead you into?

just on my dinner now!

it can lead to anything int he travel industry really..
really wanna be a travel agent so hoping for that :pray:

bit of a problem :think:

last year we did two weeks work experience, and i was at airtours for 2 weeks.
our coursework at that time was all about our work experience... so if u didnt go on work experience then u wouldnt have been able to do ur coursework which means u would have failed the year because u need to pass all pieces of coursework to get the a-level..

this year there's no work experience coursework,,, but a "working as a rep overseas" coursework!!

that means that in february, the class is going to tenerife for a week to do work experience as a rep...

obviously im not going to be able to go... not just cos of the baby, but because i wont fly anyway... so that means i cant do the coursework for that holiday... which means im gonna fail next year :think: :(

Kimbo said:
bit of a problem :think:

last year we did two weeks work experience, and i was at airtours for 2 weeks.
our coursework at that time was all about our work experience... so if u didnt go on work experience then u wouldnt have been able to do ur coursework which means u would have failed the year because u need to pass all pieces of coursework to get the a-level..

this year there's no work experience coursework,,, but a "working as a rep overseas" coursework!!

that means that in february, the class is going to tenerife for a week to do work experience as a rep...

obviously im not going to be able to go... not just cos of the baby, but because i wont fly anyway... so that means i cant do the coursework for that holiday... which means im gonna fail next year :think: :(

well i spoke to my tutor today.. and she's changing my assessment objective to a written one so i can pass :cheer:

only just caught up with this :)
i did health and social care and i loved it,
im going back next september to do the second part of the course.

ohh im glad you enjoy it and that
sounds like you got it all planned hope it goes well :D :D :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back