• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Colic?

mermaid

Reaction score
Finley has started to cry in the night between feeds and I'm sure it is wind that is upsetting him. I have tried giving him gripe water but he hates it! He would be sleeping well if it wasn't for the tummy ache. Am I doin the right thing? Should I continue giving the gripe water as needed? I do wind him inbetween feeding but it doesn't always help.

Have you tried infacol, its great for getting wind up. There is also a homopathic remedy some people on this forum have sworn by called colocynth :D

A friend mentioned infacol, is it better or different from gripe water?

Hi Mermaid,

Sounds like you are having a rough time :hug: We have just stopped using infacol after Jacob has been on it for 2 months and his wind/colic is under control. I found this really worked for him. I did enquire about gripe water with the pharmacist and she told me not to bother as Infacol is definitely the better product. However, different babies like different things....! I would give it a go and see if it helps.

I found infacol easier to use than gripe water. With gripe water you can only give it 6 times a dau, but the infacol you can give it at each feed. Also, I found that when I gave the gripe water after Debs feed, it made her do a huuuuge burp and then brought all her dinner back up. So I ended up confused as I didn't know after which feeds to give the gripe water and worried that she would bring it all back up again. Infacol just makes Debs burp nice big orangey burps! Apparently it lines the stomach as well, and is not absorbed by the body. However,having said all of that lol, my friends baby gets on much better with gripe water. Infacol all the way for me though.

We tried everything with Logan.

Dentinox colic drops worked best for us before each feed.... and gripe water in between times if still unsettled

I think its trial and error... I totally understand what you are going through - good luck, it will get better!

It's all so confusing, I feel like I am forever trying to work things out lol! Thanks for your help everyone, I always get great advice here. Well lil monkey's crying, so off I go again........... :roll:

Gripe water didn't work for Jake but infacol did so give that a try. The gripe water just made Jake sick but the infacol worked a treat.

Another natural remedy is fennel tea. You can mix formula with the tea. Sam loves it and it really helps the windy pains.

Sammystar said:
Another natural remedy is fennel tea. You can mix formula with the tea. Sam loves it and it really helps the windy pains.

fennel tea is on rollback at asda

hipp organic range....

50p from 1.80

woot

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member