Colic?? ....... Please Help - Advice needed

Jendon

Reaction score
Hi There.

Charlie is 3 1/2 weeks old and I am breastfeeding him. Last night and today he seems to be getting really bad wind pains. He is crying constantly and seems to be really sore. I am managing to get a couple of burps out of him and he is farting like nothing I have ever heard before but he still seems to be griping. The other problem is that he seems to ant feeding constantly too and this will obviously not help with the wind. He has a dummy now and again (when he can be bothered!) - will this make it worse??

Is he too young to have cooled boiled water?? Is there anything else you can recommend.

Hi

My little man was like this but recently is 90% better .
TBH nothing really helped , ide walk with him for hours but when walking with him or sitting lay him on his tummy it seemed to help a little for a short while. :hug: hang in there it does get better promise :hug:

I dont think a dummy will hurt hun :)

Katrina

You could try giving your babe infacol a few times a day, really helped our baby . Our son was bottlefed but I don't see why you couldn't use it while breastfeeding, unless anybody can correct me?

God Luck :hug:

hey hun,

Hang on in there, i have had a bad few weeks with Amber but thankfully fingers crossed touching wood and all that we are finally getting somewhere.

its awful when they are really uncomfortabler and everything you try to do doesnt help. I did give cooled boiled water around that age and infacol which i found bought her wind up but didnt settle her so when she was one month i got her on gripe water which seemed to work and still does i drop her dummy in it and she sucks it and loves it.

Although recently i have tried dentinox and this seems to have done the trick i still do have the odd night when she is a real hands full but 100% improvement i can tell you.

They are worth a try, persevere with them hun,.

Good Luck xx

Hi

i use ovol its all natural for colic. you have it there?

Hi There.

Charlie is 3 1/2 weeks old and I am breastfeeding him. Last night and today he seems to be getting really bad wind pains. He is crying constantly and seems to be really sore. I am managing to get a couple of burps out of him and he is farting like nothing I have ever heard before but he still seems to be griping. The other problem is that he seems to ant feeding constantly too and this will obviously not help with the wind. He has a dummy now and again (when he can be bothered!) - will this make it worse??

Is he too young to have cooled boiled water?? Is there anything else you can recommend.

Hi

My little man was like this but recently is 90% better .
TBH nothing really helped , ide walk with him for hours but when walking with him or sitting lay him on his tummy it seemed to help a little for a short while. :hug: hang in there it does get better promise :hug:

I dont think a dummy will hurt hun :)

Katrina

You could try giving your babe infacol a few times a day, really helped our baby . Our son was bottlefed but I don't see why you couldn't use it while breastfeeding, unless anybody can correct me?

God Luck :hug:

hey hun,

Hang on in there, i have had a bad few weeks with Amber but thankfully fingers crossed touching wood and all that we are finally getting somewhere.

its awful when they are really uncomfortabler and everything you try to do doesnt help. I did give cooled boiled water around that age and infacol which i found bought her wind up but didnt settle her so when she was one month i got her on gripe water which seemed to work and still does i drop her dummy in it and she sucks it and loves it.

Although recently i have tried dentinox and this seems to have done the trick i still do have the odd night when she is a real hands full but 100% improvement i can tell you.

They are worth a try, persevere with them hun,.

Good Luck xx

Hi

i use ovol its all natural for colic. you have it there?

I found with Libby, she was better if I kept her upright for a bit after a feed, too, so I;d prop her against my shoulder for 12-15 minutes after a feed (she was bf for 12 weeks). I used infacol when things got tough, and also, I would lie her on my arm face down and walk with her, the pressure on her tummy helped her wind, and the monotany (sp) of staring at the floor calmed her down, and sent her to sleep occasionally too.

Hope it passes quickly for you :hug: :hug:

I was shown certain massage techniques to use on Ellie tummy when she had colic which did help. I tried infacol, gripe water and one other and none of them helped. We also tried a cranial oesteopath, but again we didn't feel it made any difference. However some people find they do help. The only thing that helped Ellie was being upright. The other thing that helped was the vacuum cleaner, the white noise I guess distracted her from the pain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back