Coil getting removed....*update*

Tracey M

Reaction score
Hi everyone
I'm so excited today! I have been obese since I had my son who is now just turned 4 on Monday. I was desperate to have another child but in March I was just so depressed about my weight I decided to do something about it. I talked to my doctor and asked about my weight which was 15st 2lbs and the dangers of getting pregnant against my age which is now 38. My doctor advised getting my BMI to under 30, I would then be overweight and not obese, as she considered that to be a good goal to set myself. That meant I had to get under 13 stone. I weighed myself this morning and 12 stone 13 lbs!!!! Feeling so good and healthy and on the right track I had a talk with my husband at lunchtime today and he's agreed that we can try for a baby now. I could not call the doctors quick enough and now I have an appointment to get my coil removed on Friday 17th !!! OMG I am just so excited I hope that I can get the other child I have always wished for... Watch out for my post changing from WTT to TTC....
Tracey

Last edited:
Wow, you have done brilliant with the weight loss and taking the time to get yourself healthier before TTC, Well Done.
I was about 15st when I had DS in 2006, first month of trying fell pregnant but miscarried at 7.5 weeks, tried again the month after and fell pregnant again and luckily only put on 7lbs when I was pregnant with him then immediately lost 2 stone within weeks of giving birth!

This time, a little better start weight of 13st 9lbs and had coil removed on 8th March, AF started 10th March and pregnant end of that month...have so far put on 13lbs but not too concerned.

Good luck with the TTC and hope to see you in the Trimester sections soon

GUTTED..... Doctor could not find the strings of my coil and said have to wait another 2 months while I "wait" for appointment for scan to make sure its there and then "wait" for Gyny appointment to remove it.... I'd moved myself over from WWT to TTC but here I am back again guys....

how annoying!! thats a pain for you! hope they do find it next time, cant believe you cant get an appointment sooner! x

Update ~ got appointment for my scan on monday woo hoo! Hope they can find that the bugger is there and hopefully not attached anywhere it shouldn't be! one step closer to getting the damn thing out but still have to wait for gynae appointment first and that is the one that can take 9 weeks :-( why can they not co-ordinate appointments to save time and money for everyone eh?

Had the scan lunchtime today and the coil is exectly where is should be (erm to them... I want it out!!!) so now its a waiting game to get my next appointment and this will be the long wait. Soooo frustrating that the strings have disappeared I just want it out so I can try to get into a normal cycle so I can TTC asap....

UPDATE: Finally got my appointment for gynae... Monday 8th November! !! NOVEMBER! !! How can I wait that long? I've told them I will accept cancellation. .. when will I move to TTC?

Cant believe it - asked doctor to have another "rummage" about and she managed to find a string and get it out on Wednesday!! So its bye bye from me in WTT and hello everyone in TTC.... So all you ladies out there in WWT - hope everything goes to plan and lots of luck - hopefully see you all in various other parts of the forum. take care!

Well, it worked!! Good luck for all you girls WTT !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back