Clothes Question (shopping tomorrow, quick replies needed!!)

Nicola

Reaction score
Hi Mum's,

Ok expecting my first, a boy, I am off shopping tomorrow and wanted an honest opinion of what clothes and sizes we should be thinking about.

So far we have gathered:

Newborn:
9x vests
7x babygrows
3x t-shirt things

0-3 Months:
1 vest

3-6 Months:
1x t-shirt
2x babygrows
1x white cardigan

How many more 'newborn' sleepsuits/vests do we need (if any)? Given it's an August delivery and likely to be hot i.e. no snowsuits and boots needed type thing. Also is 0-3 sizes really something to stock up on or do babies tend to go from newborn into 3-6 months? How long are they in newborn? (I know that depends on weight at birth but roughly?).

Thanks for replies etc....going shopping tomorrow and should have thought to post this before now!!

Nicola xx

I would say you're sorted for newborn unless you want some photo opportunity-type 'outfits'.

You'll obviously need more 0-3, some babies are in this size for a while so I'd shop for that.

Happy shopping!

yep i agree, bought loads of newborn clothing for Louie, he was 8 lb 6 oz & they say newborn is up to 10 lbs so loads of the stuff didn't get used.

go for 0/3 months , take loads to the hospital though coz i ran out when i was in with Louie, although i did have to stay in for 2 nights!
happy shopping!!! :hug:

i only bought newboen vests and sleepsuits, they were only used for 2 days then I put my daughter in 0-3 because newborn were too small.

You would definatly need more 0-3. I bought 7 of everything to start off with...sleepsuits, vests, socks etc... but nearer to the end i bought a few more.

She has had 3-6m normal clothes since I was pregnant (I couldnt resist next clothes) but it's well worth getting anything you can because they grow so fast. I'd buy up to 3-6 at first...they should last a while.

Yep Id say you were sorted for newborn will hardly get any use anyway....

Concentrate on 0-3 :D

And yeyyyyyyyyyy its a boy! congrats! :cheer: :hug:

My son is nearly 7 weeks old and still in newborn all the 0-3 is still too big!!

He weighed 6lb 12oz at birth mind you so was on the littler side.

You can always get friends and family to get you some more newborn though if this is the case!

Thanks for the replies ladies, were going in a sec, I'm going to stock up on the 0-3 things I think - family/friends have been told when they asked what we/baby would want that gift vouchers would be appreciated so we don't end up with 1000 vests in the newborn size etc plus I'm kinda fussy with clothes etc so it also cuts out the difficulty of someone giving me/baby something I despise! :hug:

Off shopping now... xx

To be honest I wouldn't buy too much until your little boy is born.....we got loads for Katy but she was so dinky everything was wrong for the time of year it fitted her so loads of stuff didn't get worn!! Vests & stuff, I would get lots of 0-3 & 3-6, but you're about there with newborn I think....Katy was in tiny baby anyway!!

Have fun!!

EDIT: We also got given so much stuff when she was born, we needn't of bought anything ourselves......would of saved a fortune!!

It depends how big your baby is born but Jake was 7lb 2oz. Jake wore newborn for about 6 weeks and then went in to 0-3 which he is just starting to grow out of now at narly 14 weeks. I personally keep him in sleepsuits if we are staying in and put him in an outfit if we go out. You seem to have enough newborn although it may be worth getting a couple of outfits if you want. I would suggest getting about the same amount of 0-3 vests and maybe a few more babygrows and a few outfits if you are going to put your baby in them and then the same for 3-6 months. I would make sure that if you are bottle feeding you have plenty of bibs as you will go through loads. Remember if you get outfits to buy socks and remember a hat and snowsuit or coat to keep baby warm outside.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back