Clicky pelvis

*Star*

Reaction score
Ok, so I never really had much of an issue with my hips/pelvis with the boys.
The only major problems i had was turning over in bed, and climbing out of bed.

But this last 2 weeks since I've been back at work the front of my pelvis is clicking.
It mainly happens when I change direction, or when i get up from kneeling on the floor or move from side to side.

When it started it was just clicking, and wasn't really causing me any pain.

This last couple of days its starting to hurt now when it clicks.

I'm kinda worried, could this be the start of spd? already? i really dont need this with being back at work, and being on my feet all day when i am. is it likely to get worse? is this how it started for those of you who got spd?

any thoughts?

It sounds very much like SPD to me. And as this is not your first pregnancy, it is probably very realistically starting early. As, though you have not had SPD before, your body has done all the stretching and softening before.

Fingers crossed for you. If it is SPD, try to get referred to a physio asap!

I had SPD from 35/36 weeks in my last pregnancy. I have had it from 3 weeks ago in this one.

Good luck :hug:

yep, ive had a quick look online and it does sound like the symptoms.
how are you managing with the pain? are you taking pain meds?

They only seem to allow paracetamol, and that does very little for me.

If you get to go to physio, they give you a small brace device to support your pelvis.

Sone say rest a lot. I combatted it last time by walking a lot. It hurt, but it kept me mobile. And it went as soon as I had Tyler. Some people can have it for ages after. Some end in wheelchairs or with crutches. So, from my experience I would say keep mobile.

well i work in retail in a bookshop, so im always up stocking shelves and walking around, so that will keep me active.

i next have a midwife appointment at 20 weeks (im only 13+3, not changed my ticker yet), so i guess if i need to be seen earlier ill have to make an appointment with her

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back