Clicky hips?

BabysMomma

Reaction score
Avery is being referred for an xray cos HV thinks there may be a problem where she could have clicky hips...HV said that there were certain signs they looked out for, one being an extra line or indent around the leg and Avery has one on her left leg.

To me it just looks like a line cos she's putting on baby chub and when I took her to docs yesterday he said it may well be just chubbiness but to be on safe side he's referring her anyways.

Has anyone ever had to have their baby xrayed cos of this before?

Thanks ;)

No experience Hun but i hope everything is ok, we noticed This morning Tegan has 1 leg longer than the other which i think is another sign xx

Yep had to have both my LO's checked as it runs in hubbys family. His mum had it and his sister had splint for it too. They will be double checking LO when she arrives because of history xx

Caitlin had a scan at 4 weeks old to check for this, but because she was breech, here they do it automaticlally if baby is breech

Yeh I was told about the legs as in one being longer than the other...both legs appear to be same length, well so the HV says. I hope Tegans ok ZMD. x

nikki8092 - did your LOs have xrays? If they did would you mind telling me what's involved pls? x

Rósa - yeh HV said that they would scan automatically elsewhere but won't here cos of budget cuts! x

I've going to take her to the doctors monday Hun, memy girls&i little girl had this so could be worth pm'ing her? im sure she won't mind xx

Thanx ZMD, I will do ;) Good luck for Monday. Let me know how you get on when you get a wee chance. x

Hope all goes well xxx my little boy had his hips checked when he was a few days/weeks old because he was born with talipes which can be linked to other problems such a hip displasia,to be honest I can't remember much about them doing the X-ray but I know it was simple and not distressing at all.
Let us know how it goes :) xxx

We were referred for a hip USS because As feet were inwards (they first thought it was talipes but its metatarsus varus). The ultrasound wasnt stressful, he did cry but thats because he was undressed. Dont know re Xray but suspect its the same.
Me My girls & I I think had this problem with her daughter.

Fortunately for us after a trip to a paedeatrician they decided that both my LOs didnt have clicky hips and therefore didnt refer us for xrays.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back