• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Cleaning baby's teeth!

Kylie1007

Reaction score
:wall: :wall: :wall: Need I say more?

Finn was fine until about a month ago and now he clamps his mouth shut and doesn't let me brush his teeth. I do as the HV suggested and give the brush to him to play with in the bath but I am paranoid that his teeth are going to rot. I also bought him some fruit flavoured tooth paste rather thanthe mint one he had but to no avail!

Has anyone got any really good ways of cleaning baby's teeth?

You could try both brushing your teeth at the same tme, he may want to copy you with the toothbrush or be more accepting to you putting the brush in his mouth.....other than that its just persistance, keep letting him have it in the bath & hopefully he'll get better with it.

Emmylou said:
You could try both brushing your teeth at the same tme, he may want to copy you with the toothbrush or be more accepting to you putting the brush in his mouth.....other than that its just persistance, keep letting him have it in the bath & hopefully he'll get better with it.

I do it... :wall:

Hmmm....bless his cottons for being stubborn then :lol:

The only other suggestion I would give would be to try & put some paste on your finger, get it onto his lips or teeth and hope he LOVES the taste of it? Thats what we did when libby wouldn't eat stuff, if she gets it on her lips she automatically sticks her tongue out, then realises it tastes nice, so is open to eat it - hopefully it may help with Finn if he wants to taste more toothpaste?

Hope he accepts the toothbrush soon :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back