claiming back dentist bills

Geordie&Bairn

Reaction score
im sure everyone is going to say no not going to happen and cant do it.
but i thought id least have a go

There are no Nhs dentista taking patients on at the mo and private do not except exempt people.
si i had to pay privatly.
not impressed i tried to get nhs but most have goneprivate or part private any way and only have limited nhs spaces avaliable all full.

i have a lovely card that tell me i am ENTITLED to free dentistry. cant use it though and yet due to the lack of them i had to pay
at a time i need every penny im very angry to have to fork out so much money when BY RIGHTS i deserve it all free
i work hard i pay tax national insurance so why the hell cant i get NHS dentistry

and worse private dentists round my area are saying no to under 18 year old because there exempt so what am i to do about dentisrty for my child when he is old enough to need to go to one.????

anyway i feel like sending a copy of my bill to the goverment and demanding then to justify why all these NHS dentists have been allowed to go private and how ive had to pay this rediculous amount of money when it should be free.

CAN I CLAIM IT BACK :pray: :? :pray:
any advice welcome thanks in advance ladies
LOL Sarah :wave:

cant help, but just wanted to say go for it. when i cudnt get a nhs dentist in southampton i always used the emergency nhs dentist in the walk in centre.

paradysso said:
cant help, but just wanted to say go for it. when i cudnt get a nhs dentist in southampton i always used the emergency nhs dentist in the walk in centre.

ummm mabye look into where my local one is next time :think: :think:
thanks for that tip cant belive id not thought of that earlier

just for a filling it cost £60 private and £28 each time i just go in for a check up
£35 for hygeinsit which was great and my teeth look amazing and this was an extra id not expect on Nhs, but the check up and filling day light robbery :roll:

Im in the same boat & having to pay private even though im exempt :twisted:

I doubt you'll get anything back. If you do everyone will be at it :lol: :roll: How far afield have you tried? I found a great NHS dentist years ago and have stuck with them even though I moved to the next county and it was a 45 minute drive each way. No way was I changing once I was on their books.

With regards to emergency dental, what paradysso said is your best bet.

I got an emergency appointment for a loose filling. I wasn't in pain (the nerve had previously been killed on that tooth), which I explained, but because they had spare emergency appointments that day I was able to be seen. For free!!!! I'm really glad because my tooth turned out to be a bit of a mess and I think it would have cost me £100s with my regular dentist, who went private 2 years ago.

I also found out that there is an NHS waiting list for my area - you don't call dentists to find if you can get an NHS place, you join a central waiting list and if you're at the top and an opening comes up in one of the areas you have said are suitable for you, you get an NHS dentist.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Yeah, unfortunately you won't get anything back. I've had the same dentist since I was 3 and even though I don't particularly like him, there's not much I can do. Something in me is kind of hoping he will be able to take on LO even though he isn't taking on new patients. Surely?

My OH has lived in the UK for 5 years now and still hasn't got a dentist. Believe it or not, when he needs work done he waits until we're over in Holland visiting his parents.

I just don't see why not more is being done about it, it's ridiculous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back