claim £300 for child benefit data loss

greendayrock

Reaction score
I dont know if this has been mentioned before but i was told about a website where u can claim £300 if you had a letter about your child benefit data being stolen. I have not done it yet but will give it a try. You have to pay £5.99 for the pack and they send u the pack and you claim. Apparently loads of people have done it. i dont know how to put link on here so if ya want details of the website pm me.

If ya wanna wait and see if it works for me if ya dont wanna pay the £5.99 then i will post details when i know , it may take a while.

Tracyxxxx

Do you need to still have the letter they sent you?

Cos I shredded mine :?

i am not sure if you need the letter but if you do i am sure the benefit office could send another

yep thats the link, hope it works for u all. Like i said if u wanna wait and see if i get the money and i will let u all know.

I think i will wait to see what others get as i am a bit unsure as to whether they will pay up cause like it says in the report it will cost billions.

Thanks for the info though greendayrock :D

It sounds like the pack is just going to be the information you need to pursue a legal claim of your own and wont be as simple as filling in a form and getting 300 quid back.

I think this is the key phrase in the article:

'Under that law, anyone affected by the loss of personal data is entitled to claim compensation from those who were responsible for mishandling it.'

I'm no lawyer, but I have studied basics of law as part of other qualifications. In order to get compensation for pretty much anything you need to show you have lost out financially or suffered in some way.

It may well just be a scam to get thousands of folks to part with 5.99.

thanks for pointing it out. I will order it anyway and if you all wanna wait and see how i get on i will let you know, i dont want anyone losing £5.99 if its a scam and then me getting into trouble for it.

i will let you all know, if any of you go ahead with it and hear before me let us know.

tracyxxx

ive done it, it was in the sunday mail a few weeks back. but we wont get any money until end of year as we have to wait until the investigation is finished.

i don't think i ever got a letter

does this mean they didn't loose my data?

yeah but then again royal mail could have lost your letter :rotfl:

let me know if it works and im going to apply for it. i could do with that money at the moment

Hope it does work but i asked a friend today who is a solicitor and he said that u can only claim if you have had financial loss or emotional stress which he says anyone will have a hell of a job proving

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maegan
Back