Chunky monkey :s

Elen123

Reaction score
Well ladies as u probably seen I've put a thread on here ranting over af appearing this month :s

Anyways got a doctors appointment for Monday just for a chat and see what they suggest , what I'm worried about is that they won't take me seriously as I'm on the chunky side :) 15st size 16 I know he'll suggest I loose weight but what I don't want is for all of it to be directed towards my weight :s

Here's hoping anyways :)

Hi Elen. How about if you bring up the subject of your weight first stating that you are aware you need to tackle? Hopefully then he won't direct all the conversation towards that. I hope it goes well for you. xx

Doctors intimidate me and I tend to go mute :s lol! But yeah that's a good idea, point out the obvious right in the beginning :) xx

Dont be intimidated Hun. If you go in there showing your taking responsibility for your health and making changes they will (I hope!) be a lot more willing to help you. Good luck and let me know how it goes :)

Yeah Doctors Intimidate me too, Thanks to a doc when I was 13 touching me in a way I was not comfortable with. The only time I have ever been comfortable with being checked is for Pap smears and when I am pregnant every other time I get the sweats and my heart rate doubles. My current doc was the first ever doc to pick up on this just with a hand shake when he introduced himself to me. I've trusted him until my second MC I only doubt him because he tries to reasure me that all I'm going through is normal and I shouldn't worry.

I had one doc when I was having problems with the pill talk to me as if I was 12 and go through how the female body works. He asked if I knew how it all works and I said yes and his exact words were with a smirk on his face "most women don't so I will tell you". It was Crazy.

Anyway yeah If you bring it up first you feel more comfortable. Also you could ask to see a nutritionist, my friend was given one when she was diagnosed with Gestational diabetes She only put on 4KG while pregnant the day she had the baby she was 11kg lighter then she was before she was pregnant and the baby was fine because her diet was monitored. So if you happen to fall pregnant they will help you to continue with your programme.

I'm on the 'chunky side' as you say. I weigh 17.7stone (approx i think) I am 5ft 8/9 so i do carry it well but thats not the point. I wasn't too bad when I went to my GP at first. My GP was a lady and she bigger than me and she is TTC. She knew exactly where I was comign from and put me right at ease. Fingers Crossed your doctor puts you at ease aswell as it's not an easy subject.

I went to my Gynaecologist though for some help TTC and all I got was you need to loose atleast 2 stone before we even do any tests, etc....

Which made me think there was no point trying as I have PCOS and rarely have periods, so I'm not sure whether my body is doing anything to help me TTC at all??

Anyway I am on my mission to loose weight....

Let us all know how you get on!!

X x
:dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER