christening costs

mum2A&L

Reaction score
Im just being nosey - how much does it cost now days to get two christened at the same time?

I think it will just be a small family thing in june / july after this little one is here (me and my brother where 'done' at the same time and i think it will be nice for these two as well).

Im going to ask OH's mum if we can use her garden for a BBQ - that way OH's dad - who is separated from his mum, and is paralyzed) will be able to get into her garden. i don't think he would be able to get into my mum and dads.

My dads mate has a HUGE half drum bbq we can use. Between me and my close family we have 4 gazebos (sp) so weather shouldn't be a massive problem :wink: we have loads of garden furniture we can use as well...

:think:

This is what I spent on my son's christening in June.

Invites: £20
Flowers: £40
My Outfit: £50
DS party outfit: £20
Cake: £60
Church Donation £30
Buffet: £200
Room hire: £30
God Parents gifts: £50
First Drinks: £45
Decorations: £15

I think that was about it.

It sounds like you'll have a great day. xxx

we got all 3 of ours christened last Sept, the cost was:

£50 church donation
£8 invites (gorgeous personalised ones i had done on Ebay)
£50 clothes for all of us, we had some bits we didnt need to buy too though.
£8 cake, got a picture cake from Asda & had a photo of all 3 kids put on the cake in icing, done at Asda bakery.
£30 ish on food, we had a spread at ours after & my mum made a few things for us.

think thats it, we didnt have flowers, but luckily there had been a wedding the day before & we had lovely flowers along the Arch of the church outside left from the wedding & we all had our piccies taken under this :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back