chilli con carne

titch

Reaction score
Im cooking up loadsa meals for the freezer for after baby arrives.

Im trying to put veg in as much stuff as poss cos i know I wont be bothered to chop and prepare veg, let alone go shopping often enough to buy it fresh!! Not a problem for most of my casseroles but Im not sure about the chilli.

Ive got onions and celery finely chopped and kidney beans and chick peas to go in it. But I have a bowl of finely chopped carrots, cabbage and courgette.

What do ya reckon? Shall I shove it in or will it make the chilli a bit wierd?

How organised are you! I've been meaning to do the same but I just can't be bothered yet :)

I probably wouldn't put the extra veg in just for the sake of it, sounds like you've got plenty in there already - why not save it for some nice bubble and squeak or something then freeze that too?

I find courgette takes the taste out of Chilli and Spag bol. What about red or green pepper, peas??

I ran out of red pepper, I love it in bolognaise too. Has a really nice sweetness to it. Never mind. Ill use the carrot and cabbage in the bolognaise with onions. Im chopping all the veg in one go and having several pots on the go :)

Ive got sweetcorn in the freezer too. What are your votes on that one?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back