• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Childminders VS Nursery..

Krystal

Reaction score
What do you guys think?

Jack is currently in Nursery for the 2 days per week I work. He enjoys it and I like him being there because he gets to interract with other children and seems a lot more sociable now.

Me and OH are moving before the end of this month, to a different town but not too far away however trying to get to nursery/work/pick him up/home it will make the day quite a long one so we are considering moving him to a childminder. A few reasons.. it'll make life a bit easier once were moved and it will be cheaper.

I'm just a bit apprehensive about it, he seems to be doing so well in nursery and like I mentioned I like that he is around other children. Also I feel a bit worried that when left with a childminder it is just them and your child, no other assistant to watch over them. I know thats quite mistrusting and I feel bad but you do hear some horror stories.

What do you think of childminders?

PS: No offence is meant to childminders on the forum, i'm not saying your bad lol, just looking for reassurance really :hug:

I don't have any experience of Childminders but one main reason I wouldn't want to use one is that its one person so if your childminder is sick or on holiday etc. you have to either have someone else who can have your child or you have to take time off yourself. The advantage with a nursery is that there a many staff so you're not tied by their holidays/sickness etc.

Other than that I can't think of much either way.

Lucy is in nursery btw and she loves it.

Ahh yeah thats something i'd never even thought about, definately something I need to consider as that would be a problem as would have no family/friends to watch Jack and work are a bit funny about too much time being taken off :? Thanks hun

I found through personal experience that Stephen was happier in a nursery then a home enviroment.
Like said above though, nursery is never sick etc and doesnt have holidays! excpt christmas!

Willow is at a childminder one day a week, luckily she is the most lovely lady you could ever hope to meet, also she is a good family friend whom we have known for ever basically- I went round her house and played with her 3 kids when I wasn't much older than Wills. She also collects a little girl of 7 from school and keeps her until her parents come back from work- she's minded this little girl from she was 6 months old- and as well as Wills she occasionally has a little boy of 18 months. She takes W to visit her parents, down the shops etc, and Willow adores her.

I'd actually be more worried about sending Willow to a nursery :lol: I suppose it's just what you're used to..although at the end of the day as long is the care is good, their shouldn't be a problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back