Childcare element?

ERIN84

Reaction score
How does this work with tax credits?? Do you think I could just ring up and ask how much I will get towards Emilys Childcare?

I only work part time and my MIL has her when I'm at work. I'm self employed so to work another day would be a bonus but not essential. I want her to go to nursery when she is 1, mainly for the interaction with other children and getting used to me not being there constantly.

I don't think I realised how expensive nurseries are and just wondering how the Childcare element works, Eg. Do they add it on to your existing credits, how much do they pay towards it??

Thanks!

X

its up to 80p in every £1 you pay it says,

the calculator on hmrc website does help, il be paying £35 per day towards laylas childcare she will be there for 3 days and we will get about £60 per week towards it, so not loads, but it will help lots so i dont have to rely on MIL n my mum to have her now they are both retired and disabled,

good luck,

xxx

Great, thanks! Will have a look on the site xxx

They pay up to 80% off the costs depending on what you earn I think lol!

yeah its complicated. They ask you how much your childcare costs are per week. Then they work out what percentage of that you are entitled to based on your income from last year. I plan on using one of the online calculators cos LOs childcare is prob gonna cost us £90 per week :faint: and I only work part time! its insane, I really cant afford to go to work if I dont get a good chunk back from tax credits.

Sounds like they pay quite a bit then! Tiny, £90 per week? It's ridiculous!

When you say it like that, doesn't sound much x

I know I thought that, 4.50 per hour seemed fine then i added it up :faint: without tax credits we'd never afford it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back