Child Benefit - How long?

tinkerbell86

Reaction score
I received H's birth certificate back yesterday after sending it off last week and was wondering how long it will be before i recieve the paperwork and can send off my working tax credit form as i need a number i believe?

Also i know they back pay it up to 3 months - do they class it as 3 calendar months or 12 weeks?

It took a week for my letter to arrive, not sure about back payment but I'm sure I heard 3 months?

Emma x

Was that a week after you got the birth certificate back?

Was that a week after you got the birth certificate back?

Erm I think so. Payment went in on the 18th of Nov, I sent it a week before. Now I come to think about it I think the letteer arrived a week or so after the payment went in x

I think it was only a week after getting the birth certificate back

I was just worried i might miss out on the backpayment as h is 2 months old (or 9 wks old) and obv with the bad weather and xmas holidays i'm hoping i will get the code in time to get the back payment of working tax credit as i gota sort out what wages me and oh get and write it down on the form!!! :blush:

Also is the child trust fund 3 months too or is that longer? as i have filled the form in with the bank and awaiting the voucher!!

I think you get abit longer with ctf. I read when I was doing the form that if you don't bank the cheque then they put it in their chosen account for your baby

I only sent mine off last Monday! I'm still waiting to hear. Drake will be 11 weeks in Friday! Xx

Oh what days do they pay you on? It previously went into hubbys account so I didn't know before. Getting it paid into mine now.

Last edited:
Child trust fund - I thought they had scrapped this?!

If not, how do you apply for it?

After you've got your child benefit sorted, their send you the £50 voucher then you get a form from your chosen bank. Charleys is set up but just waiting for the 21 day cooling off period before I can put money in there! Oh and there stopping it next year

It wasn't long for us, can't remember exactly but we got the birth certificate back before the letter about payments. Maybe a week or so?

hi everyone i sent my childs birth cert to child benefit over 7 weeks ago. i still avnt receieved the birth cert back but they av written and started payment but i do really need the birth cert for her passport since we going away soon. just wonderng how long it takes to get it back..

The day i got Elexia's birth certificate back, the back pay was in our bank x x

We got birth cert back on Friday, not had any payment yet, or letter from them.

I phoned up the tax credits the other day (b4 I got birth cert back) they said their tax credits system is hooked up to child ben one, so as soon as ur c.ben money is started they automatically update their tax credits system & u dont need to send a birth cert, but if the c.ben system isn't updated u can send birth cert to speed it up. The guy said coz we had the birth cert it will probs be ages til they are notified but he checked & it was on system, so he started the claim for tax creds there & then (hope that makes sense lool)

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back