chicken pox

tracey 2

Reaction score
i have chicken pox picked it up from work, this is my 2nd time iv had it.

I CANT STOP SCRATCHING its driving me mad, iv tried calamine lotion which has helped a bit but hate it.

I suppose if i look at in a postive way i get time off work but then i think bout the itching ahhhhhhhhhh

Need some hugs please girls :hug:

Its rife at the mo. One kid was running round toys r us last week with scabby spots and was coming near Eefie, I was glaring at her folks and moved everytime she came near. Thought that was so rude of them! :shakehead:

How come you've had it twice Tracey?

My little girl is just getting over it--thank goodness she hasn't done too badly at all. It's doing the rounds in Cambridge at the moment, where she stays with her Daddy at the weekends. Of course I had a major freak out when we spotted the spots but since she didn't have a fever there is nothing you can do but put on calamine lotion to prevent scratching. Feel very sorry for you Tracey--it's awful getting it as an adult, I've heard. I'm lucky I did my time years ago during Easter holidays when I was 6. :) Guess you put paid to the theory that you never get it a second time!! :x

How come you've had it twice Tracey?[/quote]

I think my immune system was down plus working with kids all the time doesnt help. You can have it up to 3 times anytime. I suppose it could be worse most adults get shingles which sounds horrid.

Thanks everyone :hug:

Minime said:
Its rife at the mo. One kid was running round toys r us last week with scabby spots and was coming near Eefie, I was glaring at her folks and moved everytime she came near. Thought that was so rude of them! :shakehead:

How come you've had it twice Tracey?

Hun, once they've scabbed over they aren't contagious anymore so there's no need to worry.

im gutted a little girl i knowis in the contageous stage at the mo but i cant let alfie go near her because we are at haven next week, sounds awfull but i would really prefer him to get it now rather than as he gets older as i had it at 14 and was extremely ill with it, the older you get the worse it is.

Poor you hun bet you feel awful
dont buy calomine lotion it dries and makes it worse get the calomine cream, much better :hug:

i've never had this funny enough.. so no idead what your going though...

skairdykat said:
Hun, once they've scabbed over they aren't contagious anymore so there's no need to worry.

I'm not taking any chances with a newborn....

well as soon as they have scabbed over they are not infectious anymore, cant wait for that so irratating really is, just wanna keep scratching ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

But thanks girls for the hugs they do help. :hug: :hug:

Steph- thanks for the tip will try the cream instead now :hug: :hug:

Tracey only just seen this post!!

hug.jpg

arrr im from cambridge - could really do with Leah not catching it atm, but like Step said - better to get it now than when older.
:hug: :hug: :hug: for u hun x x x

it is definetly better for little ones to catch it when they are young otherwise just gets worse as an adult believe me

thanks for the hugs hun :hug:

Awww sending you loads of hugs honey, how rubbish!!! My OH got it at 17 and was really ill, had them in his throat :puke:

Hope it isn't getting you too bad, poor you, not having much luck at the moment :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

m
xx

thanks michelle, your poor OH doesnt sound nice im quite lucky then i suppose. not too bad at moment really itchy.

hopefully my bad luck will start to turn around now :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back