Chicken pox! Advice needed

kellie80

Reaction score
Sorry I'm gonna post here too as no one has answered me an other one. My 6 year old has chicken pox and I don't know what will happen with Nathan. He is only 16 weeks old, is it dangerous for him? Also worried about Aimee who is also only 17 months old. Anyone got any tips on what can calm the itching. I've used chalomine lotion and it doesn't seem to be helping. Help!

I'm not sure but i think its better for them to hav chicken pox as kids than later on when they are adults... :?

If your worried ring your hv and ask hun

:hug:

hi hun

Sorry your little one has chicken pox i recently had that and it was horrid.
Have you tried the calamine cream not the lotion its a little better, its ok for young children to get it the earlier the better hun. We recently had a 4 month old with it at work so dont worry hope all is better soon :hug:

tracey 2 said:
hi hun

Sorry your little one has chicken pox i recently had that and it was horrid.
Have you tried the calamine cream not the lotion its a little better, its ok for young children to get it the earlier the better hun. We recently had a 4 month old with it at work so dont worry hope all is better soon :hug:

Thanks a lot for that! :hug: Couldn't seem to find any information on it. I've never heard of the cream where do you get that from? I'll give anything a try at the minute. I'm dreading Aimee getin it, its going to be a nightmare.

its not exactly calamine cream but i got it over the counter at boots cant think what it was called also i used that olbus (sp) lotion as well that worked well.

Its hard for toddlers because they just want to scratch but the earlier they get it the better it is for them believe me. :hug:

Bicarb of soda in the bath works wonders, you need about 1/4 of a tub per bath and it leaves a layer on the skin.
Also EURAX cream from the chemist is supposed to be brilliant.

Nathan might still be immune, but Aimee will probably get it. :?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back